Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By JustBud
I honestly hope he is a thorn in the side of Mercedes the entire year......
SeanR liked this
By linderpat
was happy to see Alonzo finish 3, but Red Bull is going to make the season less exciting.
By SeanR
linderpat wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:33 am was happy to see Alonzo finish 3, but Red Bull is going to make the season less exciting.
Look at it like the front two cars are not on track and the fight is going to be from 3rd to last. I think it's going to be an exciting year if I forget the Redbulls are on track. They are going to wipe the floor with everyone.
linderpat liked this
By ranger22
I’m just surprised Red Bull is still competitive after they had to cut back on the extra pickles in catering……
By Crisis
Max starting from 15th in Jeddah should make for an interesting race. He may still win it.
By SeanR
Crisis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:02 pm Max starting from 15th in Jeddah should make for an interesting race. He may still win it.
I can't see the Mexican Minister of Defense letting him by with out working real hard for it. Betting Max finished P2.
By Crisis
SeanR wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:40 pm
Crisis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:02 pm Max starting from 15th in Jeddah should make for an interesting race. He may still win it.
I can't see the Mexican Minister of Defense letting him by with out working real hard for it. Betting Max finished P2.
Yeah I was thinking that it will get real interesting if it come to that. Team orders to let Max pass Checo?
By Crisis
David993S wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:06 pm Saudi GP: I feel bad for Alonso and his demotion. He certainly deserved 3rd.
Yeah, that was a heartbreaker. Everyone in the pit crew trying to save 1/10 of a second, but the rules are pretty clear - no touching the car. Both last race and this one, the penalties imposed seem out of proportion with the seriousness of the offence - especially when compared to what happens on track to generate a comparable penalty.

On another note, this race did nothing to dispel the fear that it's going to be a cakewalk for Red Bull this season. All the good racing may be for 3rd place & down.
By Scott at Team Harco
David993S wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:33 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... b1e5&ei=62

Fits in the; 'what a shame' thread, too. :roflmao:
By David993S
A little early for silly season, isn't it?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-ham ... -mercedes/

If this scenario played out, it would make it very difficult to root for my beloved Scuderia.

Anyone have any comments about the sprint qualifying race for this weekend's GP? Given the Azerbaijan "track" I bet it makes for some chaos.
By linderpat
David993S wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:19 pm A little early for silly season, isn't it?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-ham ... -mercedes/

If this scenario played out, it would make it very difficult to root for my beloved Scuderia.

Anyone have any comments about the sprint qualifying race for this weekend's GP? Given the Azerbaijan "track" I bet it makes for some chaos.
Interesting. Although I have no problem with Hamilton, AFAIC, he earned his chops and sits up there with the best of them. Anyway, looking forward to a race after this little dry spell. I hope it has some excitement.
By SeanR
I'm not really liking all the action on a Friday, cuts in to my responsibilities here at work.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Scott at Team Harco
My opinion of street circuits gets continual reinforcement. Two red flags in Q1. Fortunately the crash-prone were not active Q2 or Q3.
David993S liked this
By David993S
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:46 pm My opinion of street circuits gets continual reinforcement. Two red flags in Q1. Fortunately the crash-prone were not active Q2 or Q3.
I've always felt the same about street courses, and Baku is perhaps the worst on the circuit. The other problem with this weekend's F1 race is the asinine schedule. It's confusing. I much prefer straight forward practice sessions, the 3 phase qualifying session, then the race.
By JustBud
Obviously it isn't just me that thinks this new sprint format is just a gigantic fustercluck........

Not a fan of Baku anyway.
By dernflatlander
1991-Ayrton-Senna-1-Of-10-Limited-Edition-Replica-Marlboro-McLaren-Rheos-F1-Helmet-_0008_DSC_0629-scaled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David993S liked this
By David993S
Did anyone else notice how large a percentage of people did not remove their hat/cap during the National Anthem at today's Miami race? Probably a combination of lack of respect for the country, ignorance, no patriotism, no manners and no understanding of tradition.

And congrats to Alonso.
By JustBud
dernflatlander wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:42 am 1991-Ayrton-Senna-1-Of-10-Limited-Edition-Replica-Marlboro-McLaren-Rheos-F1-Helmet-_0008_DSC_0629-scaled.jpg

Just in case you guys are interested.....I've bought a few replica helmets from these guys....they're pretty nice.

https://www.cmhelmets.com
By linderpat
Max again demonstrated why he is the best driver currently. It doesn't hurt that they have the best cars. Alonso is still very impressive.
By SeanR
I enjoyed the race. The lead up to it was farcical with the driver introductions and you could tell the drivers had no desire to be there. Get rid of some of the pomp and circumstance and it would more enjoyable to watch. Alonso watching the big screen while driving was greatness.
By Crisis
As entertaining as he's always been, Alonso has really became the Star of F1 over the past 2 years. Even more so this year, with his regular podium finishes. Everyone I talk to about the sport gets a smile on their face talking about him.
By linderpat
No race this weekend. Cancelled due to flooding.
By SeanR
From the videos I've seen around Imola, it's crazy. The parking lot where Alpine were staying was flooded up to the roofs of the cars. Hope we can get a reschedule this year though.
By linderpat
No reason they can't race boats instead

:lol2:
By linderpat
Another Monaco snooze fest. Qualifiers are everything for this race. Very little movement once the lights go out. :rolleyes:
By SeanR
Monaco is going to be Monaco. This year was much more enjoyable due to the rain at the end and it was a strategy game for most of the field. Alonso could have taken it had they not put slicks on when everyone else was going Inters.

Quali was fantastic to watch. I need to go watch some of the other series that were running this weekend to see how those went.
By Scott at Team Harco
Fred would not have won the race. He was about 12 seconds behind Max at the first stop. He even questioned the tire choice when his crew put on slicks. He was fortunate to have a big lead over Ocon so as not to lose his second place finish when he came back in for inters.
By linderpat
Another Verstappen snooze fest. I thought with a dedicated track, this one could be more interesting. Verstappen is unstoppable.
By SeanR
Max and that car are unstoppable. About the only amusing thing with the RB cars happened with the fastest lap and Max being told Perez did it on new softs but Max went and did it on very well used harder compound tires. Means he could have been lapping the track at a much faster pace. He had to have been bored.

Felt bad for Lando but he wouldn't have been able to hang up there for very long anyway. And.......WTF is up with Haas?
By wsh
I love when people say “well if Alonso (or any driver) did a one-stopper he’d be right with Max”

No, Max would simply drive faster and increase the gap.

Reminds me of Talladega Nights where the driver stops for a chicken sandwich, says he’ll make a phone call then return to the race; Max can do that and still win
By Streck-Fu
wsh wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:46 pm I love when people say “well if Alonso (or any driver) did a one-stopper he’d be right with Max”

No, Max would simply drive faster and increase the gap.

Reminds me of Talladega Nights where the driver stops for a chicken sandwich, says he’ll make a phone call then return to the race; Max can do that and still win
Mick Doohan is a former Australian motorcycle racer in the 500cc MotoGP class and once said that his goal was to win the race as slowly as possible.
He could have run away with the lead many times but wanted to save tires and the bike for when he actually needed them.
By JustBud
SeanR wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:59 am Image
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
By linderpat
If this keeps up (i.e., Verstappen conquest), I may become a dedicated Indy fan instead. I thought tis one would have been more exciting.
By JustBud
Danny Ricc replaces Nick DeVries at Alpha Tauri....... :jumper:

By SeanR
I shouldn't be surprised at all but I am. Danny's not been at his peak in years and Nick has only ran 11 GP in a substandard car.

I have to say though, Norris was damned impressive at Silverstone, hope that translates well to future races.
David993S liked this
By JustBud
David993S wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:34 am Don't you just love the hypocrisy? When he was dominating, it was fine. Now that Max is dominating, he wants the FIA to do something about it. Typical Hamilton.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-ham ... -dominance

and then.... he CHEATS.... LOLOLOLOLOL! What a princess.....

Hamilton and Leclerc disqualified from United States Grand Prix for technical breach

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Ohw0a.html
David993S liked this
By LPMM
F1 rumors are in full bloom and the British press is going bonkers about Capt. Hairdo apparently moving to Ferrari in 2025. If that happens, I can’t wait to hear all the whining and complaining when they fuck up his race strategy or he thinks the car is not competitive.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... a-1-season
By David993S
Does anyone else think this is very short-sighted by F1? While I don't particularly care for Michael and Mario (Snit & Snot), I think they would add much value to the sport, contrary to part of the reason(s) F1 gave for Andretti Global's rejection. I think it would increase F1 viewership substantially especially in the US, thus increasing F1's revenue. I feel bad for Michael as I think after a couple of years, with GM's $ and technical backing and his experience, he could have had a competitive car.
At least some of the existing F1 teams got a little screwed by Andretti Global when they hired-away (stole) some engineering talent from a few of the teams.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/andretti- ... -statement
By JustBud
David993S wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:09 pm Does anyone else think this is very short-sighted by F1? While I don't particularly care for Michael and Mario (Snit & Snot), I think they would add much value to the sport, contrary to part of the reason(s) F1 gave for Andretti Global's rejection. I think it would increase F1 viewership substantially especially in the US, thus increasing F1's revenue. I feel bad for Michael as I think after a couple of years, with GM's $ and technical backing and his experience, he could have had a competitive car.
At least some of the existing F1 teams got a little screwed by Andretti Global when they hired-away (stole) some engineering talent from a few of the teams.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/andretti- ... -statement
FOM is being completely protectionist and short sighted. Andretti is the name Americans think of when you mention F1, hell even country music songs mention Mario...(Drive by Alan Jackson).

IF F1 wants to sustain the growth in America that they've enjoyed, they just shot themselves in the proverbial foot.... sure the 10 others teams would have to share the pot but the pot gets much larger if F1 grows over here in the states.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]