8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
is it possible to remove the front fog/driving lamp rear housing 87+ model from the bumper by just removing the splash shields to get at the nuts, or do i need to remove the whole bumper?

cannot remember if the alloy bumper housing is blocking access or not.

cheers
Phil
By worf
no.

However, since the fog lights ‘come apart’ you can remove the rear housing from the cover from the inside of the housing once you have the lens housing loose.

I’ve done it both ways.
By worf
but… you still have to get the splash shields out.
By h2pmr
thanks Dave, no chance of getting the lamp itself out with it in the bumper, as screws seized solid.
will leave it until i get more time to take the bumper off
cheers
Phil
By worf
h2pmr wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:48 am thanks Dave, no chance of getting the lamp itself out with it in the bumper, as screws seized solid.
will leave it until i get more time to take the bumper off
I tried to think of how The Isle’s rust propensity might hurt or hinder but gave up. If the inside-the-housing bolts are that rusted, then YOU KNOW the outside-the-cover bolts are worse.

You might be able to get between the cover and the bracket with a cold chisel and just tap the bolts off… considering the likely rust state.
By h2pmr
i bought a good second hand lamp from ebay, but as usual someone had drilled the seized mounting bolt out but had drilled the whole threaded insert out so just a large hole left.
as with the tailgate knob pull repair thread, i used the brass end off a spark plug, exact same thread size as original mounting holes.
just used a hot air gun on the plastic to expand it and pressed it in with a small amount of locktite on the outside of the plug end
more than 1 use for a spark plug end on a 928 :byewave:
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By h2pmr
a quick spray with chrome paint where they usually go brown and looks good but with a well used patina on the glass :byewave:
just need to remove the front bumper at some point and do the same to the other side one :frown:
Rear Brake line Seized

Thanks Dave. I surely don't want to mess with th[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]