8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
the plastic/threaded part can sometimes break so just pulls off in your hand and its NLA - part number 9286134330070B

a nice cheap fix i made:

remove the center plastic part with the picture on it- it just pops out with a small screwdriver and remove any remnants of the plastic threaded part so it now looks like this

then you need a couple of washers, an M4 bolt, cut to approx size , and the main part that gave me that lightbulb moment, the brass end off a spark plug.
I remember making sure they were tight when i fitted spark plugs years ago but all plugs now come with them integral to the plug, so had to find a vintage car parts supplier who had then in stock which makes me feel depressingly old.... anyway, all as below

fit the large washer in the groove in the middle of the rubber pull, needs to be a tight'ish fit, try NOT to lubricate it, and the small washer fits on top of the large washer

then screw the bolt into the plug end and tighten it, TINY amount of loctite on the bolt.
the bolt has to screw into the plug end 50% max, so the other 50% then screws onto the actual switch

best to put a small amount of your favourite bond around both sides of the large washer to stop it moving, but not essential.
pictured below a genuine one and mine to check how far the threaded part should stick out

refit the cap removed at the start and thats it for the next 30yrs

hope this helps someone
cheers
Phil
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]