Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Crumpler
Registration Days Posts
I’ve never used red before. I traditionally use blue and torque to 218 foot pounds.

I had the pulley work loose during a dyno session today. Embarrassing, but luckily no damage to the treads on the crank.
Bad news is this is the huge 928 Motorsports pulley so I had to push the car off and pull the radiator to re-torque with red. Long day.
By worf
Registration Days Posts Custom
Well, not sure what was the problem. But, given “928 Motorsports”… that’d be my bet.

Washer backwards?

If not those then torque procedure perhaps?

I have a 3/4” snap-on y-beam torque wrench. I’ve never had a crank bolt come loose including the Twin-Screw.

One thing’s for certain: you’ll need to remember to heat that crank bolt before you attempt to remove it next time.
By Crumpler
Registration Days Posts
I don’t know. It does not give me a warm fuzzy that’s for sure. The pulley it supposed to be balanced, but honestly I never tested it. If it’s unbalanced you can’t see it with the naked eye.
The belt set up is reasonable, stock PS and alt to driver side and supercharger is a 6pk to passenger side.
Here’s the numbers for what it’s worth, before the fun began:
By worf
Roughly 425 bhp, 465 ft-lbs at the crank assuming 15% driveline loss.

Not shabby!

Nice torque curve too.
By maddog2020
Registration Days Posts
you shouldn't need loctite if you have a new bolt and torque to spec. I spun out the crank bolt on my fast revving stroker engine several times, and replaced with a new bolt and didn't have a problem again The longer supercharger pulley is going to amplify the stresses of the bolt and thread and a new bolt should have been used anyway. Did the kit specify loctite? what do the murf kits require?
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Registration Days Posts
Red is permanent - I don't think that was a good idea. Hopefully, the threads were not completely free of grease or oil.
By Crumpler
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Dave, I was pleased with the torque but I guess my hp goal was a little higher. I wanted to be able to say 400 hp at the wheels, but I will take it.

Sterling, Long story but I didn’t buy Carl’s kit, just the pulley. No sexual favors were required but you can imagine the conversation;)
I never saw his “directions”, I think you only got them if you bought the kit.
The bolt was new FWIW.

Geza, yeah I get it. That’s why I never used it before.
But, looking at the carnival yesterday it seemed the best way to get home. I have talked to people that have used it and say no issues, with heat of course.
By worf
Crumpler wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:22 pm Thanks Dave, I was pleased with the torque but I guess my hp goal was a little higher. I wanted to be able to say 400 hp at the wheels, but I will take it.
Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races.

If you want more horsepower, you’ll have to figure out how to extend the torque plateau higher into the rev band. I don’t have a clue if your SC is the limitation or the intake or the throttle body. I’m assuming with that, that more air is required. But…

What’s the fuel-air ratio when the torque begins to drop.
By worf
Lol. Just don’t type that name again in this thread and we’re all good.

My thoughts on Miami race are (I think..) similar […]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Those wheels are Pirelli P Slots, OEM on certain 8[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]

Racing garments

Let me call my son ~ you can never have too many […]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!