Four cylinder transaxle cars
By SeaCay
I'll need to make a huge build thread at the appropriate time, and this certainly didn't belong in the "Big Blues" thread, so...

Dropped off the interior at Classic 9 a couple of days before the Indy Luftgekühlt (Sep '21). Took them a while, it appears that the business manager may have been let go, but I finally got the ball rolling with the owner. When I say interior, I mean the whole kit and caboodle. Every square inch of interior will be brand new. The VAST majority will be Black Alcantara with blue stitching to match the belts I had re-webbed last year (close to Traffic Blue). He convinced me to go with leather bolsters and seat backs which I suppose is a wise thing to do, but everything else is black Alcantara. The cool thing about the seats, we were going back and forth on design, until I found a picture of the Singer Turbo Study seats. He is going to transform the comfort seats into sport seats with the STS foam block design. Should be rather interesting. The door cards will be 968'esque. Dash will be all 944 oval, in Alcantara. Rear seat delete with a 968 Cabrio platform and all new carpeting. Headliner will be all Alcantara.

Oh it hurt sending them a ton of money, but hopefully, when it's done, they have made my request come true: The BEST 944 interior in America!

I'll have to request some pics from these guys, if/when they respond I'll post 'em up here.
SeanR liked this
By fpena944
SeaCay wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:23 pm I'll need to make a huge build thread at the appropriate time, and this certainly didn't belong in the "Big Blues" thread, so...

Dropped off the interior at Classic 9 a couple of days before the Indy Luftgekühlt (Sep '21). Took them a while, it appears that the business manager may have been let go, but I finally got the ball rolling with the owner. When I say interior, I mean the whole kit and caboodle. Every square inch of interior will be brand new. The VAST majority will be Black Alcantara with blue stitching to match the belts I had re-webbed last year (close to Traffic Blue). He convinced me to go with leather bolsters and seat backs which I suppose is a wise thing to do, but everything else is black Alcantara. The cool thing about the seats, we were going back and forth on design, until I found a picture of the Singer Turbo Study seats. He is going to transform the comfort seats into sport seats with the STS foam block design. Should be rather interesting. The door cards will be 968'esque. Dash will be all 944 oval, in Alcantara. Rear seat delete with a 968 Cabrio platform and all new carpeting. Headliner will be all Alcantara.

Oh it hurt sending them a ton of money, but hopefully, when it's done, they have made my request come true: The BEST 944 interior in America!

I'll have to request some pics from these guys, if/when they respond I'll post 'em up here.
Can't wait to see pictures!

I'm also interested in their workmanship as my 996 is going to need an interior retrofit too. I'm also thinking in the process to change the color from the savannah beige to something a little darker.

Please keep us posted!
SeaCay liked this
The 928 Photo Thread

trawling through ebay there was a guy selling 911 […]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Agreed, I was yelling at my screen during SQ3. V[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]