By BeerBurner
After 6,677 days and 156,522 miles, I passed the old girl on to her new caretakers.

I wasn't planning on selling it but the care and feeding of four old cars was starting to get a bit much. If I was going to reduce to three cars, I needed the third to be something that Mrs. BeerBurner could drive and the Miata wasn't it.

A coworker has been pestering me to buy it for the last six months and I decided to go ahead and sell it to her. Not only would it mean the car would go to someone who would appreciate her like I did but, let's be honest, it's also nice to sell a car without having to deal with people.

Anyway, she's off to the next chapter in her life with people who are super excited to have her!
IMG_20230204_104642751_HDR.jpg
BB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeanR liked this
By fpena944
BeerBurner wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:16 pm After 6,677 days and 156,522 miles, I passed the old girl on to her new caretakers.

I wasn't planning on selling it but the care and feeding of four old cars was starting to get a bit much. If I was going to reduce to three cars, I needed the third to be something that Mrs. BeerBurner could drive and the Miata wasn't it.

A coworker has been pestering me to buy it for the last six months and I decided to go ahead and sell it to her. Not only would it mean the car would go to someone who would appreciate her like I did but, let's be honest, it's also nice to sell a car without having to deal with people.

Anyway, she's off to the next chapter in her life with people who are super excited to have her!

IMG_20230204_104642751_HDR.jpg

BB.
Congrats to both you and the new owners! They sure seem happy to have it.

That's unbelievable that you kept it as long as you did. It was basically a family member but again understand why you got rid of it.
By BeerBurner
If felt weird pulling the key off my chain to give to them. Still, I'm not regreting the decision. It was the right move.

BB.
By NSXguy
We can relate, after having 4 'toy' cars for a long time we decided to pare it back to 3.....so the 944 we enjoyed for over 25 years drew the short straw.
It was weird seeing our 1st sports car leave for a new life in Ohio, but having one less vehicle to maintain was nice.
Fast forward from 2017 to 2022 and we just went back up to 4 toy cars, you know they say a vacuum must be filled :biggrin:
By BeerBurner
Ha ha! I hear you on the vacuum!

For me, I'm filling the void by spending money I shouldn't on the old 323is. It'd be nice to give Mrs. BeerBurner a toy to drive even if it is hindered by the slushbox.
300127744_10160666728059973_4809379206052912751_n.jpg
At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself because I want a new project. :beerchug:

BB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The 928 Photo Thread

trawling through ebay there was a guy selling 911 […]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Agreed, I was yelling at my screen during SQ3. V[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]