8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By buccicone
http://msreg.com/Redezvouz928-SDC2023

Preliminary details for 2023 Rendezvous 928 Sharks Discover Columbus in Dublin (Columbus), OH.

The 928 Buckeye Landsharks are hosting this year’s Rendezvous 928 "Sharks Discover Columbus"
so you know it’s going to be “off the charts!” This year’s event is being held in conjunction with
the Arthritis Foundation’s Classic Auto Show (CAS) and Cruise-In. This is the CAS 40th
Anniversary which is the primary fundraiser for the Central Ohio Arthritis Foundation. This year
Porsche is a featured marque and Rendezvous 928 is a special guest of the show with special
parking along the entrance.

Date: July 20 – 22, 2023. Ink it in on your calendars!!

Location: CAS and Rendezvous 928 will be located in Dublin, Ohio, at 800 Metro Place North.
We’ll post the Arthritis Foundation CAS information and registration website as soon as it’s
updated for 2023 and we’ve worked out the registration details for Rendezvous.
Hotel Accommodations: The Rendezvous hotel is the Double Tree by Hilton, which is a newly
renovated Hilton property. We have a block of 25 rooms reserved for Rendezvous participants.
The cost per night is $159. The advantage of this hotel is it is co-located on site and everything
is within walking distance of the Hotel. Note: REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE YET… BUT
WILL BE OPEN IN EARLY JANUARY 2023. We’ll let you know when and post links for
registration.

Sponsors, Swag & Offerings: The sponsors, 928 Owners Club, and the hosts 928 BLS Club have
finagled Scott Martin and Shawn Stafford to design a Rendezvous 928 Sharks Discover
Columbus challenge coin, shirts, window stickers, and lots of other SWAG. Shawn is also
designing labels for a very limited run of 928 Buckeye Landsharks commemorative Bourbon and
Limoncello spirits. A few commemorative boxes of Rendezvous 928 cigars, rolled just for this
event, may also be available! The Bourbon, Limoncello and Cigar offerings will be in addition to
any registration costs and are first come / first served. Once they’re gone… they’re gone.
We’re still working out the details, costs, etc. 928 BLS members Joel Roberts and Dave
Sheppard are getting this together as I type…

Schedule of events: The Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show (CAS) is a multi-day event
from July 20th - 22nd .
It starts on Thursday, July 20th , with the Rolling Legends tour. Final plans have not been set but
the destination is the Honda factory & museum in Marysville, OH, ending up at a party hosted
by Hagerty at Bridgepark in Dublin, OH, with special parking for participants. It’s an
enlightening destination and the party is a BLAST!

Friday, July 21st , features an all-day Classic Car Cruise-In on the site of CAS with food trucks,
refreshments, live bands and FIFTY 6-foot trophies awarded, which all adds up to a helluva kick-
off at a wonderful venue. Unlike Saturday’s more organized show, Friday's Cruise-In parking is
not reserved and you can park your shark anywhere on site.
For those of us not interested in live bands and 6’ trophies, we are also planning a 928 fun-run
to parts west of Columbus for a late lunch at Uncle Beth’s BBQ – the brisket is to die for! The
fun run ends up late in the afternoon at Horsepower Farms in Powell, OH - a car condo/man
cave community. The owner invited all 928 owners to come out & relax with liquid
refreshments & cigars provided by the 928 Buckeye Landsharks. With any luck, we may get a
few owners to open their man caves and show off some wonderful collections.
Saturday, July 22nd, is the main CAS event with judging of all registered vehicles – approximately
1,000 entries from Pre-War to Exotics and absolutely everything in between. This is a great car
show with tons of every car imaginable and all proceeds go to the Arthritis Foundation.
Rendezvous participants will show off their sharks via reserved 928 parking along the show’s
main (only) entrance on Metro Place North and wrapping around the pond on the grass (no
roasting on a hot black top parking lot).
There will be Twelve 1st Place Porsche trophies awarded, including six 928 specific trophies
ranging from best OB's to GTS's. We’ll also have a few special 928 Buckeye Landshark trophies
for Longest Drive, Best 928 Overall (judged by Rendezvous participants), and the 928 “Most
Likely to Not Start”…. .. More information on specific 928 classes will be available when
registration opens in early January.

That’s all for now! Looking forward to participating in the best Rendezvous 928 ever, hosted by
the Best Damn Car Club on the Planet… THE 928 Buckeye Landsharks!
Fins Up!

Mike Buccicone, President
Joel Roberts, Vice President and Lead Cheerleader
linderpat liked this
By JBRob007
We are currently at FIFTY SEVEN (57) sharks registered for 2023 Rendezvous 928 Sharks Discover Columbus (SDC)!!! Registration has been open for a WEEK!!! We are bound to sell out in the next day… maybe two.

If you haven’t registered yet, please make an effort to do so ASAP!
By JBRob007
To quote Frank from Everyone Loves Raymond “HOLY CRAP!!!!”

After only ONE WEEK of registrations we’ve hit 60 cars! Wow!! Not in our wildest dreams did we figure on tying, maybe surpassing, the PVGP “Book Ends” event last year!

As sharks appear to be coming from out of nowhere (as if there’s blood in the water) the list of truly spectacular 928s keeps growing! The 928 community is truly amazing and we are humbled by the response 😎

Mike and I discussed this for all of two seconds this a.m. before deciding to keep Sharks Discover Columbus REGISTRATION OPEN!!

Damn the torpedoes! We’ll figure out how to pay for it later.

Rendezvous 928 Sharks Discover Columbus is gonna be EPIC!! Thanks to all of you! 😎
By JBRob007
Currently at 72 Sharks and 112 participants. 55 cars with 84 people are going on the fun run for a BBQ lunch and Horse Power Farms tour! WOW!!!
By hernanca
Great to meet you in person as well, Ed! This event felt like "the good ole days" to me.

You are welcome, but all I did, since my car didn't make it, was help wherever it was needed. Hats off really go to Joel and Mike for their year-long planning, coordinating, and follow-thru to put this event together, and scale it up as it grew. It was indeed an awesome event!
By Bertrand Daoust
Great weekend for sure!

Many thanks (again) to the Buckeye Landshark guys for the 2023 Rendezvous.
You did an awesome job. :thumbup:

It was nice meeting new friends for the first time also (like you Carlos!).
hernanca liked this
By hernanca
Bertrand Daoust wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:40 am Great weekend for sure!

Many thanks (again) to the Buckeye Landshark guys for the 2023 Rendezvous.
You did an awesome job. :thumbup:

It was nice meeting new friends for the first time also (like you Carlos!).
Likewise, Bertrand - it was great to meet you as well!

By the way, I invited almost everyone I spoke to to come check out Open Road, if they hadn't yet. I hope some of them will come over and join. (I knew you were already here, Bertrand! :beerchug: )
gas tank sender unit

If I hadn't already bought one from one of the ven[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

held with 9mm spanner size plastic nut, thermal cu[…]

First IOC brings back fond memories. Carlos? Righ[…]

I've got all three components of the release and I[…]