8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Crumpler
I’m putting in an oil pressure sender and gauge.
Hopefully today.
Let’s predict what pegged at 5 bar on the instrument cluster actually translates into.
:beerchug:
By Crumpler
Numbers are in.

But will not be published until guesses made ;)
By Crumpler
And yes Dave, you can know viscosity beforehand.
RP 20/50 hps.
worf liked this
By worf
8.25 BAR cold.
By Crumpler
Ahem. Well technically I don’t have precise knowledge because it’s a 100 psi gauge, and it’s still pegged on cold start.
But, after two minutes I get readings of 98-99 psi idle.
Soooooo, probably extrapolating seven bar territory or 105 psi., cold start.
If I was a real man I would wire that into VEMS to shut down if pressure drop on the track, but I’m not because I’ve had enough VEMS to last me a lifetime.
By worf
By price-is-right rules, I lose.

I was going to revise my estimate to 7.5 BAR based upon price-is-right rules, but I’d still have lost.

The next question would be accuracy of the sender at 100% scale, but even then I’d still probably have been over.
By Crumpler
Also, this is not a sandwich plate, up on the block. The sender is on the return side of the oil cooler. Might be a red herring but worthy of disclosure;)
By worf
Crumpler wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:17 pm Also, this is not a sandwich plate, up on the block. The sender is on the return side of the oil cooler. Might be a red herring but worthy of disclosure;)
Hmmm… yup, you might have a non-trivial pressure drop through that circuit but, I ain’t going to dig out enough old maths to figure it out :smile:

Doesn’t really matter much anyway. Flow volume at various temperatures is what’s important. Pressure is just Kentucky Windage - it gets you near a target.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]