Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By Yossarian
Is there a way to embed MP4 or WebM vids on the site? Or does it take too much storage when youtube isn't hosting the video?
By lupo.sk
Yossarian wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:57 am Is there a way to embed MP4 or WebM vids on the site? Or does it take too much storage when youtube isn't hosting the video?
Use vimeo, I use it for all my uploads
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:57 am Is there a way to embed MP4 or WebM vids on the site? Or does it take too much storage when youtube isn't hosting the video?
The way it's set up today we actually don't have a direct way to host and embed videos. But if you upload a video to YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, or Facebook it will embed here and will play without linking elsewhere.

If you have a video that you would prefer not to host elsewhere I can manually upload it as an attachment and people would be able to click on it and view locally. But that's not really embedded and requires a few additional steps.

If you're not familiar with uploading on YouTube and keeping it private let me know and I can walk you through the process.
By Yossarian
I was just checking to see where we were on that. I don't have anything important to upload. I've got a vid of a really hot chick in a bikini walking and doing the splits, so it's kinda important. :order:

I would just turn it into a gif, but it would be waaaay too big to make it under the size limit on those.
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:52 pm I was just checking to see where we were on that. I don't have anything important to upload. I've got a vid of a really hot chick in a bikini walking and doing the splits, so it's kinda important. :order:

I would just turn it into a gif, but it would be waaaay too big to make it under the size limit on those.
Tell me the size as I can increase the upload limit on GIFs.
By lupo.sk
fpena944 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:07 pm
Yossarian wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:52 pm I was just checking to see where we were on that. I don't have anything important to upload. I've got a vid of a really hot chick in a bikini walking and doing the splits, so it's kinda important. :order:

Tell me the size as I can increase the upload limit on GIFs.
I hope it’s at least DD
By Yossarian
I got it down to 17mb, but it's a pixel counting exercise now. :surrender:

It's no big deal. I was just checking to see if I was missing an obvious embed technique for MP4s.
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:15 pm I got it down to 17mb, but it's a pixel counting exercise now. :surrender:

It's no big deal. I was just checking to see if I was missing an obvious embed technique for MP4s.
I actually have attachments set to 32 megs so you can upload it as an attachment but not an image as that goes to IMGUR and they have their own limits.

But as @lupo.sk says below, I would recommend Vimeo as they're a step above YouTube and you can just upload there and keep it hidden so it would only be visible here where you share it.
lupo.sk wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:17 pmJust do vimeo
Agreed, superior to YouTube although not as well known.
By Yossarian
They want me to sign up and all that shit. It would be really anti-climactic by the time I did all that. It's just another interweb THOT.
Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]

1985 Speedo Issues Part 2

Hey everyone! I've been working on the guards red […]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]