Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By GaryAZ
Didn't see another thread.(?)

Rarely rains here, so I went with Nitto Competition tires with few tread grooves. In dry weather, very difficult to break loose on the street without unwanted attention.

When it does rain, out I go to a parking lot. Good fun.
XR4Tim liked this
By Gregs04.5
Had the Pilot sports (similar tread) had them pulled and replaced with the allseason version, it was scary driving in the rain with track tires, and I treat my car as a touring car anyway.
Same car btw, 2000 Carrera, different weather in WI.
By Gregs04.5
My car resided in Scottsdale AZ until 5 years ago (approx)I know it's a long shot, but does it look like something you've seen there? It used to have a GT3RS decal above the rear wheel when I got it, but have removed it because there were no GT3RS in the USA in 2000 (to the best of my knowledge)
By GaryAZ
Gregs04.5 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:45 pm My car resided in Scottsdale AZ until 5 years ago (approx)I know it's a long shot, but does it look like something you've seen there? It used to have a GT3RS decal above the rear wheel when I got it, but have removed it because there were no GT3RS in the USA in 2000 (to the best of my knowledge)
Greg, I don't recollect seeing your car. That color is pretty cool. When I go out in the rain I'm super cautious and slow until I get to the empty parking lot of Scottsdale Community College.

One of the more fun track events I attended years ago was a PCA autocross in the pouring rain with Kuhmo competition tires. Educational!
By JDS968
I have Toyo R888s on the Z06 (going to upgrade to R888Rs when they wear out, and the rears are getting close). Sort of nine-tenths of the way towards Hoosier R7s. Almost as sticky in the dry, almost as heat tolerant, almost as terrifying in the wet. I just refuse to drive the car in the rain. Also partly because the door seals leak, but that's a different discussion...
By fast_freddy
I run Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's (Panamera S, Cayman S and GT3, PS2's on the 993). Incredible grip in the dry, quite good in the wet and good in colder temps down to 48~F. Treadwear? Who are we kidding.
By Rick Carter
Happy with Toyo Proxes Sport A/S on the Miata better in the rain and quieter than any other ultra/high performance tire I've had, important for a DD.
Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]