Mid-engine cars
By Chunpng
Hi,

Some of you may know that my daughter, Melissa, is a wrench. She has my 2007 Cayman with 108,426 miles on it. So this Christmas she and her husband, Josh, decide that they will replace the clutch assembly and do a few more things.

After they pulled the transmission and took out the clutch plates etc. They noticed that with over 100,000 miles, the clutch was barely worn, no streaks, uneven wear, or anything else. But since they already bought all the new parts, they decide to just replace the whole assembly anyway.

Either we all have great shifting techniques, or the OEM Porsche clutch parts are incredibly durable. One way or another, it is a great Christmas surprise to all of us.

A few pics for your viewing pleasure: The Cayman clutch plate. Melissa's garage with the home lift.

Actually for this job, they did not do it at home. They used the shops bay as they have all the transmission hoist and other more handy tools. The home garage pics are just to score some envy points. :rockon: :rockon:

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all.

CP
By fpena944
Chunpng wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:58 pm Hi,

Some of you may know that my daughter, Melissa, is a wrench. She has my 2007 Cayman with 108,426 miles on it. So this Christmas she and her husband, Josh, decide that they will replace the clutch assembly and do a few more things.

After they pulled the transmission and took out the clutch plates etc. They noticed that with over 100,000 miles, the clutch was barely worn, no streaks, uneven wear, or anything else. But since they already bought all the new parts, they decide to just replace the whole assembly anyway.

Either we all have great shifting techniques, or the OEM Porsche clutch parts are incredibly durable. One way or another, it is a great Christmas surprise to all of us.

A few pics for your viewing pleasure: The Cayman clutch plate. Melissa's garage with the home lift.

Actually for this job, they did not do it at home. They used the shops bay as they have all the transmission hoist and other more handy tools. The home garage pics are just to score some envy points. :rockon: :rockon:

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all.

CP
Not a Cayman but when we had to fix the RMS on my 996 a couple of years ago I was also surprised at how clean the clutch was after about 90k miles on it. We decided to keep it since the engine will probably need rebuilding before the clutch needs replacing at this rate!
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]