Watercooled 911s
By Chunpng
Hi,

I don't post on the cars forums much, but this I have to share.

My daughter, Melissa, works at a boutique high end car place. She texted me a few pictures last night that made me lie awake all night thinking about this car.

So today, I went over to her shop and saw this on the show room floor: A Factory Weissach GT3 RS - in green.

Factory roll cage, Weissach sports seat, the whole enchilada. The only thing I'd prefer to see is a 6-speed manual and not a PDK. But :eyepop: :eyepop: What a machine.

More amazing, the car was sold in 10 minutes after getting onto the floor. The sales person was doing face time with another customer on another car that he was buying when this one rolled in. The customer said: " What's THAT?" Sales person gave the answer. "Hold that for me with the deposit I placed on the other car."

Within 30 minutes, the guy was in the store, signed all the paperwork. Ran out to the bank and wired the lump sum over. He was going to take delivery at end on day today.

Good thing Melissa sent me the pics and I got a chance to go look at it before the delivery truck showed up. I have read about it, but have never ever seen a factory Weissach GT3 RS. ANYWHERE.

OMG. What a car. Here are a few pics to share. Enjoy. And happy holiday season to all.

CP
By fpena944
Chunpng wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:03 pm Hi,

I don't post on the cars forums much, but this I have to share.

My daughter, Melissa, works at a boutique high end car place. She texted me a few pictures last night that made me lie awake all night thinking about this car.

So today, I went over to her shop and saw this on the show room floor: A Factory Weissach GT3 RS - in green.

Factory roll cage, Weissach sports seat, the whole enchilada. The only thing I'd prefer to see is a 6-speed manual and not a PDK. But :eyepop: :eyepop: What a machine.

More amazing, the car was sold in 10 minutes after getting onto the floor. The sales person was doing face time with another customer on another car that he was buying when this one rolled in. The customer said: " What's THAT?" Sales person gave the answer. "Hold that for me with the deposit I placed on the other car."

Within 30 minutes, the guy was in the store, signed all the paperwork. Ran out to the bank and wired the lump sum over. He was going to take delivery at end on day today.

Good thing Melissa sent me the pics and I got a chance to go look at it before the delivery truck showed up. I have read about it, but have never ever seen a factory Weissach GT3 RS. ANYWHERE.

OMG. What a car. Here are a few pics to share. Enjoy. And happy holiday season to all.

CP
Wow! :eyepop:

Is this car street legal? Reason I ask is because I was under the impression that roll cages weren't allowed on new cars sold.

That this is beautiful, love the green inserts on the sport seats!

Any ballpark figures on what this thing sold for? Am shocked that it was brought into stock and not already allocated to a customer before even hitting the showroom floor.

Impressive...thanks for sharing!
By ranger22
CP, you’re in Cali and you haven’t seen one? I owned one for two years. It’s long gone now. Solid car and very capable, but somewhat boring unless you were on the track. I have a 997.2 RS unicorn now.
BF73BE7A-B9C5-4DA9-9A1A-DE5EA82926DA.jpeg
53C0E5A4-CA40-435F-AFB7-2294D1EF6986.jpeg
83F5083F-C1BF-47CE-A996-B2C108A2118A.jpeg
D5386E6F-4EF8-418D-9A52-3C6EB3485E4E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amdavid liked this
By Chunpng
Fernando,

This is a used car. I believe it is a factory roll cage, which makes it ultra-rare. May be one can do that with European deliver etc. Just my guess though.

Imagine speccing this car out upon allocation. Must be a ton of fun. My undersatnding is that Porsche charges around $35k for the Weissach package (all the carbon fiber bit, seats etc.) The roll cage, interior accent color etc. would all be extra on top of that.

Don't know what the exact sold price was. My guess is around $300k. I heard the buyer is a young person born with a silver spoon type of pedigree. Money was not an issue here.

Glad you like it.

One more thing. I'm 72 years old now. I got my Ruf at age 52, and my Cayman at age 56. Glad I was much younger when I had my Porsches. Getting in and out of this GT3 was a real challenge. Sucks to be old for sure. :bigcry: :bigcry:

CP
By ranger22
fpena944 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:53 pm
Wow! :eyepop:

Is this car street legal? Reason I ask is because I was under the impression that roll cages weren't allowed on new cars sold.

That this is beautiful, love the green inserts on the sport seats!

Any ballpark figures on what this thing sold for? Am shocked that it was brought into stock and not already allocated to a customer before even hitting the showroom floor.

Impressive...thanks for sharing!
That’s a 991.2 RS. They were sold new in 2019. Rollbar is most likely aftermarket, haven’t seen one sold in the US with factory bar. Weissach package in Europe gets a titanium rollbar, which is badass.
By Chunpng
Ranger,

Congrats on the Weissach GT3 RS. Actually I have not seen one here. But then I am much less active (read: lazy) in joining Porsche events in the past say 5-7 years. Especially since COVID. So I'm sure CA has Weissach GT3 RS around, I was not around to oogle them.

Do you mind telling us how much yours was new? Thanks.

BTW, this car came from Reno Nevada. It's not a CA car.

CP
By ranger22
Chunpng wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:27 pm Ranger,

Congrats on the Weissach GT3 RS. Actually I have not seen one here. But then I am much less active (read: lazy) in joining Porsche events in the past say 5-7 years. Especially since COVID. So I'm sure CA has Weissach GT3 RS around, I was not around to oogle them.

Do you mind telling us how much yours was new? Thanks.

BTW, this car came from Reno Nevada. It's not a CA car.

CP
Mine was pretty loaded up at $238k. Weissach, PCCB’s, full leather, Bose stereo. The one big option I didn’t have was magnesium wheels which would at $12k to the cost. I owned it for two years and sold a few months too early at $205k. If I would have waited, it likely would have sold above the MSRP. Oh well, can’t time everything. I ended up buying the 997 that I’ve been seeking for years and I got it at a good price before the market went bizerko on those too.

Bucket seats take some getting used to. I initially found them hard to get into and out of them, but with some practice you get a routine that makes it easy. Once you’re settled in them, I find the buckets to be very comfortable.
By JustBud
ranger22 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:21 pm CP, you’re in Cali and you haven’t seen one? I owned one for two years. It’s long gone now. Solid car and very capable, but somewhat boring unless you were on the track. I have a 997.2 RS unicorn now.

Is that your 488 Pista? My favorite "new" Ferrari, love the NACA duct..... I know I'm probably in the minority on that one.
Gorgeous car.
By ranger22
JustBud wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:51 am
ranger22 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:21 pm CP, you’re in Cali and you haven’t seen one? I owned one for two years. It’s long gone now. Solid car and very capable, but somewhat boring unless you were on the track. I have a 997.2 RS unicorn now.

Is that your 488 Pista? My favorite "new" Ferrari, love the NACA duct..... I know I'm probably in the minority on that one.
Gorgeous car.
Yes that’s a Pista. It belonged to a friend of mine. I posted the pic for comparison since these are essentially the same vintage of top dog track cars. One thing about the Pista is that Ferrari had already gone to the particulate filters, so there whole exhaust system was sensitive to pressure changes. So you really have no options for making the car sound good. In comparison, I rolled up with all 3 mufflers removed. The RS sounded much more race car than the feline sounding Pista. The Pista sure is pretty though!

I keep mentioned my 997, but probably not completing the thought. I’ve found that I much prefer the 997 platform. It’s smaller, simpler design renders the car much more engaging to drive. You can have fun on the street or on the track. Don’t get me wrong, you can be challenged in a 991 as well, but the threshold is so much higher that you’re going ludacris speeds when doing so. It’s gotten to the point where these street cars are so capable that you’re really better off in a proper race car with proper safety equipment. A lot of 991 owners have no idea how much the car is doing for them. The Obsessed Garage guy recently took out a 997 RS and thought something was wrong with the car when the back end kicked out a bit going on throttle at the wrong time. He just hasn’t experienced an analog machine. I think the 997’s are peak analog for Porsche in terms of vehicle capability. A Ruf tuned air cooled or properly set up air cooled car are close second and would be a lot more fun to drive regularly than these newer 991s and 992s. Just my $0.02.
By UDPride
If only Porsche would sell me one, Id be happy to buy one. For all the crap Ive done for PCA and whoring promoting Porsche over my lifetime they oughta give me one for effing free.
By fpena944
ranger22 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:02 pm
JustBud wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:51 am

Gorgeous car.
Yes that’s a Pista. It belonged to a friend of mine. I posted the pic for comparison since these are essentially the same vintage of top dog track cars. One thing about the Pista is that Ferrari had already gone to the particulate filters, so there whole exhaust system was sensitive to pressure changes. So you really have no options for making the car sound good. In comparison, I rolled up with all 3 mufflers removed. The RS sounded much more race car than the feline sounding Pista. The Pista sure is pretty though!

I keep mentioned my 997, but probably not completing the thought. I’ve found that I much prefer the 997 platform. It’s smaller, simpler design renders the car much more engaging to drive. You can have fun on the street or on the track. Don’t get me wrong, you can be challenged in a 991 as well, but the threshold is so much higher that you’re going ludacris speeds when doing so. It’s gotten to the point where these street cars are so capable that you’re really better off in a proper race car with proper safety equipment. A lot of 991 owners have no idea how much the car is doing for them. The Obsessed Garage guy recently took out a 997 RS and thought something was wrong with the car when the back end kicked out a bit going on throttle at the wrong time. He just hasn’t experienced an analog machine. I think the 997’s are peak analog for Porsche in terms of vehicle capability. A Ruf tuned air cooled or properly set up air cooled car are close second and would be a lot more fun to drive regularly than these newer 991s and 992s. Just my $0.02.
@ranger22 - do you have any experience with the 996?

I know under the skin the 997 and 996 are similar but of course the latter received running improvements throughout the years. Just wondering how much of a delta there is and if a properly set up 996 can still keep up with the equivalent 997.

Yeah we're way off topic now but just curious given your preference for the more analog platform.
By ranger22
fpena944 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:52 pm [

@ranger22 - do you have any experience with the 996?

I know under the skin the 997 and 996 are similar but of course the latter received running improvements throughout the years. Just wondering how much of a delta there is and if a properly set up 996 can still keep up with the equivalent 997.

Yeah we're way off topic now but just curious given your preference for the more analog platform.
Unfortunately, I don’t have much experience with the 996. I wish I did because my understanding is that the 996 GT3 is a hoot to drive. What I’ve read is that much of the “improvements” between the 996 and 997 are in the technology side. Higher output motors along with stability control, traction control, adjustable shocks, dynamic engine mounts. I would think a 996 properly set up would be awesome!

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]