8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Crumpler
So the quick version is I track this car and there is a NASCAR half oval incorporated into the local track layout.
I still get a little pucker at times with a 35 year old car all in speed, on that right front wheel.

Upper control arms, struts, and lower ball joints are new so it's probably me right?
Sway bar is stock, bushings are new.
I have the famous 928 motorsports sway bar reinforcement kit sitting in a box somewhere. Which for those that don't know are two cut steel bars marked up in price, and you weld them between sway bar mount and chassis.

I have read in some threads that this is pointless because if you had a failure, it would be the connection point to the sway bar and not mount. Some recommend extra welds on the mount hardware. Which my guy can do as well.

Setting aside roll stiffness and grip issues, any advantage of the kit for steady state bank curves or do I just need more testosterone?
By Crumpler
I should also state she is wider.
By Crumpler
Forgive me father for I have committed flare sins.
By worf
Crumpler wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:11 am I still get a little pucker at times with a 35 year old car all in speed, on that right front wheel.
I don’t know how the above translates into desired suspension behavior/changes.

More sway bar on the front means more understeer and more transfer of “bump” to the other wheel.
By Crumpler
worf wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:17 am
Crumpler wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:11 am I still get a little pucker at times with a 35 year old car all in speed, on that right front wheel.
I don’t know how the above translates into desired suspension behavior/changes.

More sway bar on the front means more understeer and more transfer of “bump” to the other wheel.
More to the effect sir to avoid "abrupt" behavior changes in suspension. ie., stress failure at speeds unknown. :barf:

How's your cat?
By Stepson
While I have always resisted ANYTHING from 928MS on any of my cars, I have seen pictures of the sway bar mount breaking loose from the frame after beefing the original sway bar. That would not be good for your line through the turn.

What could it hurt to beef up the mount vs the gain you'd make in your psyche?
By SeanR
Last one I did I used two triangle cut 1/4" flat steel, welded in to place and boxed the entire assembly in. Adding some welds to the sway bar nuts inside. Figured if those broke off at that point I had worse things to worry about.
By worf
Crumpler wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:24 am More to the effect sir to avoid "abrupt" behavior changes in suspension. ie., stress failure at speeds unknown. :barf:
Ah. Ok so, you’re not looking to change behavior you just don’t want it to break. So, yeah - listen to Sean et. al; the mounts can break.

If control of the front end over big transitions is “problematic” then judicious, thoughtful softening might be useful. A little less sway bar preload if the drop links are adjustable perhaps. More suspension travel if bump stops are engaging. Etc.

Crumpler wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:24 am How's your cat?
Trying to scam some Cranberry-Chicken-Walnut salad while I post this.

By Crumpler
Stepson wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 am While I have always resisted ANYTHING from 928MS on any of my cars, I have seen pictures of the sway bar mount breaking loose from the frame after beefing the original sway bar. That would not be good for your line through the turn.

What could it hurt to beef up the mount vs the gain you'd make in your psyche?
Indeed.
SeanR wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:23 pm Last one I did I used two triangle cut 1/4" flat steel, welded in to place and boxed the entire assembly in. Adding some welds to the sway bar nuts inside. Figured if those broke off at that point I had worse things to worry about.
Good plan. I like.
worf wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:27 pm
Crumpler wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:24 am More to the effect sir to avoid "abrupt" behavior changes in suspension. ie., stress failure at speeds unknown. :barf:
Ah. Ok so, you’re not looking to change behavior you just don’t want it to break. So, yeah - listen to Sean et. al; the mounts can break.

If control of the front end over big transitions is “problematic” then judicious, thoughtful softening might be useful. A little less sway bar preload if the drop links are adjustable perhaps. More suspension travel if bump stops are engaging. Etc.

Crumpler wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:24 am How's your cat?
Trying to scam some Cranberry-Chicken-Walnut salad while I post this.

Excellent. Obnoxious feline behavior equals good health :)
By Crumpler
Can I share this?

I had a woman as a client.
I gave her dog a cat treat during an exam because we didn’t have any dog treats in the jar.

She got very upset with me.
I tried to explain that would not cause a GI problem.

She said she was upset because she didn’t want her dog to know what cats tasted like …

Eventually, I was able to explain that the treats were for cats, and not in fact, made out of cats.
Geza-aka-Zombo, milrad liked this
The 928 Photo Thread

trawling through ebay there was a guy selling 911 […]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Agreed, I was yelling at my screen during SQ3. V[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]