SUVs and sedans
By lupo.sk
I’m thinking about getting my wife a new car for christmas. I’m torn between pana and cayenne.

Looking at 2016+ hybrids with air suspension for both since she drives mostly around town and I hate diesels.

Has anyone owned both and can chip in? I did have a pana borrowed from a friend of mine and drove multiple cayennes but I still can’t make up my mind. I’m leaning a bit more towards cayenne, I’d put some nice fatter ATs on it to prevent curb rash ;)
By lupo.sk
Settled on cayenne, looking for something that ticks most of the boxes.
Pana would be nice but pig is just more practical and we already have the S5 for a sedan.
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:08 pm Settled on cayenne, looking for something that ticks most of the boxes.
Pana would be nice but pig is just more practical and we already have the S5 for a sedan.
Sorry I didn't see this before as I would have recommended you reach out to @fast_freddy since he has had both.
By RED HORSE
Driving from Austin to Shreveport today in my Pano GTS, all on the Interstate, at speeds mostly 80+ got pretty amazing mileage. Way better than I ever got from my Cayenne Turbo. Departed AUS at 9:15 a.m. arrived Shreveport 2:50 p.m. Started with only 3/4 tank of gas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By lupo.sk
RED HORSE wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:22 pm Driving from Austin to Shreveport today in my Pano GTS, all on the Interstate, at speeds mostly 80+ got pretty amazing mileage. Way better than I ever got from my Cayenne Turbo. Departed AUS at 9:15 a.m. arrived Shreveport 2:50 p.m. Started with only 3/4 tank of gas.
That’s pretry good! Avg speed and mpg ;)

My wife is driving mostly around the city hence the hybrid. As for the pana / cayenne, the number of 4x4 hybrid panameras is very limited here and I don’t want to spend over 50k tbh.

I have a couple of hybrid pigs on radar, will have a friend go, choose and import one for me (will be buying in Germany or Holland).
By fast_freddy
RED HORSE wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:22 pm Driving from Austin to Shreveport today in my Pano GTS, all on the Interstate, at speeds mostly 80+ got pretty amazing mileage. Way better than I ever got from my Cayenne Turbo. Departed AUS at 9:15 a.m. arrived Shreveport 2:50 p.m. Started with only 3/4 tank of gas.
I routinely get 27~ mpg in our Panamera S with highway drives around here, driving mostly around the same speed as you. My "problem" mileage wise is that many roads are single lane with lots of lower speed zones and lots of cars to pass on them. The best my P!G ever did was 19.5~ mpg driving up from NJ when I retrieved it. That's only because I behaved and went 65mph. Otherwise it was 16mpg at best. They don't call it a P!G fer nuthin'.

With the largish gas tanks on these, it's great. I can get from here to NJ (300 miles) and 1/2 way back on a tank including some local driving there. My daughter has a Miata (12~ gallon tank) that gets at best 23~mpg (short gearing) and always whines she's filling up often.
RED HORSE liked this
By lupo.sk
fast_freddy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:27 am
I routinely get 27~ mpg in our Panamera S with highway drives around here, driving mostly around the same speed as you. My "problem" mileage wise is that many roads are single lane with lots of lower speed zones and lots of cars to pass on them. The best my P!G ever did was 19.5~ mpg driving up from NJ when I retrieved it. That's only because I behaved and went 65mph. Otherwise it was 16mpg at best. They don't call it a P!G fer nuthin'.

With the largish gas tanks on these, it's great. I can get from here to NJ (300 miles) and 1/2 way back on a tank including some local driving there. My daughter has a Miata (12~ gallon tank) that gets at best 23~mpg (short gearing) and always whines she's filling up often.
My blue modded 955 ctts pig got 4.9 mpg when I drove it home after the final tune ;-) My wife’s 957 ctt was regulary getting 7.6-8mpg in city driving here. It would be significantly better in US city cycle but that’s the way it is here.
She rarely got to use the 540hp it had, she’s gonna be waaaaay better off with hybrid IMO.
By RED HORSE
fast_freddy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:27 am

Yep, 65 mph my Pig did great at about 19 mpg. But the Panamara is so much better on the road. I was second guessing trading but after this trip I convinced myself it was the right thing to do.
By DAVfoto
I got around 19-20 in my Cayenne GTS. I have considered a Pana for the wife, we had a 2021 loaner while my GTS was in shop before I traded it and she liked the way it drove. Just don't have the money for it now.

Can always rally a Pana too lol. Slap on Baja designs on the front bumper, roof rack with spare, some all terrain or rally tires and rip it!
By TRAKCAR
If I drive in traffic I’m getting about 22MPG sputtering around at speed limit. 2021 V8 Cayenne GTS Coupe.

Normal 20-30mph over limit and maki g it sound good average 18.5 MPG real world.
By lupo.sk
Finally found an example that checks all boxes save for exterior color but I decided to buy it as it can be easily wrapped.

2016 e-hybrid cayenne in gold metallic (meh), espresso interior, is pretty loaded with sport chrono, pano, soft close and even ceramics. 1 owner, 1 shop doing everything, no accidents save for a couple of scratches that are completely normal in european city traffic.

Ofc it popped up a day before we are leaving to FL for 5 weeks so it’s gonna get imported from Netherlands and wait for us till we get back. Can’t wait!! Pics are retarded but you get the idea.

XR4Tim liked this
By amdavid
I hope they got better!....I drove a 2012 a few years ago and absolutely hated it. Looks nice though.
By XR4Tim
The e-Hybrid is definitely better than the original Hybrid Cayenne. You do have to use the Sport mode to get any kind of speed out of it, but it works pretty well.
By lupo.sk
amdavid wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:57 pm I hope they got better!....I drove a 2012 a few years ago and absolutely hated it. Looks nice though.
The 2015+ are nothing like the first gen hybrids.
amdavid liked this
By lupo.sk
XR4Tim wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:38 am The e-Hybrid is definitely better than the original Hybrid Cayenne. You do have to use the Sport mode to get any kind of speed out of it, but it works pretty well.
Yeah, the supercharged audi engine (same as in my S5 DD) is ultraresponsive in sports mode. I will get a tune for it as well so it will be pretty good even in normal mode :)
XR4Tim liked this
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:03 pm Image

On the way home
Love the unique color. You don't see many with that interior/exterior combination here in the states.

Congratulations!
By lupo.sk
fpena944 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:28 pm
lupo.sk wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:03 pm Image

On the way home
Love the unique color. You don't see many with that interior/exterior combination here in the states.

Congratulations!
Thaaanks, can’t wait to drive it when we get back! Excited for the hybrid powertrain, we have 400V 60amp setup at home so it will be charged in no time as well ;)
amdavid liked this
By lupo.sk
So... ordering a smaller diameter pulley and larger heat exchanger (IC), will need a nice tune as well. Want to get it done with the first oil change, spark plugs etc.

You think my wife will kill me before or after we get home?
XR4Tim liked this
By lupo.sk

Some detailing, title and voila.

Press on pulley it is ;-)
amdavid liked this
By lupo.sk
Pics keep coming slowly…

Will get the larger IC locally as it would be a PITA to bring from the US (I’m already hauling a shitton of gun accessories as usual).
By amdavid
Keep the skirt down on this one!.....(dirty under the hood...and not the most attractive enGINE).

I do like the color combo, a lot!
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:48 pm Image

Some detailing, title and voila.

Press on pulley it is ;-)
That engine looks so strange compared to what I'm used to seeing under my hood!
By lupo.sk
That engine looks exactly like the one in my audi :) so pretty used to it.

On another note…
By lupo.sk
It’s hoooome. So far, all is great, needs charging to explore full potential.
Ceramics are great, the air suspension hides weight really well and it rides great even on 21”. Did just a couple of miles so far.

Bottom line - wife loves it, that’s all that matters.
XR4Tim liked this
By lupo.sk
Went for a leisure drive to get ice cream with wife and kid. Started with full charge and just did 5kmh over speed limit on mostly empty roads…

That’s 90.47mpg for nationals of a country that has been to the moon over a distance of 23.86 miles.

Not bad for a retard
By lupo.sk
Wife told me to take it for a spin, so I did. Would go more if it wasn’t for the semi in the left lane…

Needless to say, U scheduled the SC pulley upgrade + tune for 9/20 ;)
By lupo.sk
80mph in pure electric, not bad.

So far, I have 0 complaints, the only one being that whoever specced this car could have gone with keyless go.
By lupo.sk
5th month in, my wife loves the car and now that it’s got 538hp after the SC pulley and a tune, I love it too, haha.

We had absolutely 0 issues save for two flats (one on summer 21”, second one this week on winter 20”), done around 7500 miles so far. Avg mileage over those 7500 miles is 23.8mpg. Keep in mind we do 100-120mph on the freeways here, when my wife just drove around the city, the mileage was super silly low (48mpgish) as we did ~550 miles on a tank once.
XR4Tim liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]