8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By linderpat
From TOS - posted by Michael Benno, from the Portland area:

Today we had a 928 meet up here in Portland where we learned the awful and terrible news that Nate Lachendro (GT6ixer) passed away unexpectedly on Friday. Nate was Engineering Program Manager at Raisbeck Engineering and was doing his job as an experimental flight test engineer when his test plane crashed. He is survived by his pregnant wife and young son, as well as his friends and the support from the 928 cormmunitity. Many of us like have been honored to have met and become friends with Nate, many more than myself. I'm devastated. I can only imagine those closer to him with will feel an even greater loss. I appreciate Nate's longtime friend Matt, and fellow 928 owner making the long trip from Seattle to Portland today to share this sad news and celebrate Nate with us. Matt, thank you, I felt I should share something with the 928 community since Nate has contributed much.

:bigcry: This is terrible news. Fuck. I have known Nate through this community for a long time. He is originally from Pittsburgh, and his family is still here (parents, sister). He has been back a couple of times and I have gotten to enjoy real live time with him. I cannot believe this. Nobody was a bigger ambassador for the 84 shark than Nate.
My heart goes out to his family. RIP Nate.
By linderpat
Nate at the 2022 PVGP/Rendezvous:
With Stan

With Van and his wife

Nate's car - tied for longest trip, from Seattle.
By Bertrand Daoust
What a sad news...

I had the pleasure meeting Nate last summer.
What a great guy.
My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Nate.

I'm shocked...
By worf
Goddamnit.

I’ve known Nate for years from talking on the phone and trading emails but met him for the first time at PGVP.

Gutted.
By Crumpler
Incredibly sad news.
I can’t believe it.
I only new him from trading posts, but you could tell immediately that he was a great guy, with a sense of humor as well.
My thoughts are with his family.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
So sorry to hear this. I didn't know Nate, but based on his posts and comments on BaT, he seemed like a solid man to me. Prayers and blessings to his family and friends. RIP
By worf
I’m really going to miss Nate. Running across his old posts is going to be a punch in the gut.
By Gary Knox
So sorry to see this news on TOS. It certainly sounds like I missed out on meeting another great guy who happened to also enjoy maintaining and driving a Porsche 928. My sincere condolences to his wife and family. God Blessings to them.

Gary
By hessank
I watched the video of the crash that was posted OTOS.
Heart wrenching.
Way too young to go like this.
May he RIP
By worf
Direct link if you don’t want to visit TOS. Posted by Drooman.

By JMW928
For pilots or other interested parties seeking more information, YouTuber "blancolirio" provides analysis in greater detail.

In a separate video, he also did a very informative synopsis of the Wings Over Dallas midair collision, undoubtedly made more difficult as he knew one of the crew members that was lost.

As I mentioned on TOS, I never had the pleasure of meeting Nate, but he obviously had a very positive impact on many people. May he Rest In Peace and my condolences to his family and friends. Wishing you clear skies, Nate!
Last edited by JMW928 on Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanR liked this
By jej3
Condolences to the family... I don't know that anyone can draw up a more awful situation!

Not being funny but I'm sure glad I don't have any scientists or medical staff as friends as I don't need them going on YouTube to explain how I left this earth.

I remember Nate (from his posts) as being passionate about his 928 and more so about all 928s.

Probably will draw some fire from others but posting the YT links, etc... doesn't strike me as the best way to honor Nate's memory.

Maybe just let the unfortunate circumstances be what they are?!?
By tungsten
I suppose the company president could have been a little more CYA-ish in that interview, but he probably didn't want to come off as cold and uncaring. I mean, even moreso.
By SeanR
jej3 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:30 am Condolences to the family... I don't know that anyone can draw up a more awful situation!

Not being funny but I'm sure glad I don't have any scientists or medical staff as friends as I don't need them going on YouTube to explain how I left this earth.

I remember Nate (from his posts) as being passionate about his 928 and more so about all 928s.

Probably will draw some fire from others but posting the YT links, etc... doesn't strike me as the best way to honor Nate's memory.

Maybe just let the unfortunate circumstances be what they are?!?
I've always looked at it from the opposite standpoint. Learn from what happened to me so others may not have to go through it. There's going to be a lot learned from Nates passing and as sad as it is, the aircraft community will have gained a bit of knowledge from what those guys were doing, so it may never happen again.
By whitlang
Hi all - I am a friend of Nate's family. It's so nice to see the kind and caring words you've written about him. I want you all to know that we have a GoFundMe set up for Nate's family in case anyone is interested in contributing, or would like to pass it along to others. I also wanted to mention that his wife, Sam, is very interested in keeping the car love alive for their son, Theo. We look forward to helping her do so.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/nate-lachendro
worf, hernanca liked this
By worf
whitlang wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 pm … wife, Sam, is very interested in keeping the car love alive for their son, Theo. We look forward to helping her do so.
We’re here to help with that. Anytime.
By hernanca
whitlang wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 pm https://www.gofundme.com/f/nate-lachendro
FYI for everyone: Nate's sister posted the same link with some additional words on TOS (the other site).
By linderpat
Update - Nate's sister, Wendy, posted this on RL about an East coast remembrance for Nate. It will be in Pittsburgh, which is where Nate is from and his extended family still lives. I will attend, and I do hope some of you folks that are not too far away can make it over. We can have a nice celebration get together, talk sharks and do those things Nate would have joined in had he been here too.

"Ed & @drooman - Thank you for the photos. I remember that time very fondly. I felt so bad that Nate wasn't able to make it in that year, but so glad he was able to meet some of his 928 friends this past summer.....Ed - The East coast celebration will be held in Pittsburgh. Looking like Saturday, February 25th - to be confirmed. ...
FYI - here is the link to the Celebration of Life in Seattle area: https://events.blackbirdrsvp.com/celebratenate.
SeanR, hernanca liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]