8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Gary Knox
There appear to be two oil fill baffles on the general US market. One by Greg B and one by Hans. Planning to install such a baffle in my GTS over the winter, and wondering about users/installers experience and recommendations before I place an order. Any comments?

Gary
By Crumpler
I have a GB one installed, and have not had any issues — but there was a vibe on the other channel that some of the subsequent batches had low quality welds. I think. Dave or Sean could probably clarify.
In this day and age I would probably lean towards the Hans unit.
By worf
Crumpler wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:06 pm I have a GB one installed, and have not had any issues — but there was a vibe on the other channel that some of the subsequent batches had low quality welds. I think. Dave or Sean could probably clarify.
In this day and age I would probably lean towards the Hans unit.
I provided Gary with my 928 cents of opinion in email.

I’ve not had any problems with Greg’s baffles. I have a couple of Hans’s that I’m saving for special occasions.

I have no strong preferences for one or the other from a functional point of view (although I’m thinking of framing one of Hans’s and sticking it on a wall for art…)
Gary Knox liked this
By Gary Knox
Ake,

Very nice looking oil pan baffle. Danke Schoen for sharing with us.

Gary
By SeanR
As Dave, I have already told Gary what my preference is via e-mail. Hans' set up works for me. GB had a few failures of his (replaced on my dime with other units) and most likely fixed the welding issues from the failures I experienced but I have no reason to swap back to his on this application. Discussions of how tested they are, how much dyno time spent engineering these bits are really of no use to me as I go by what I've installed, what my customers have said after installation, what I've had failures of, and what construction I like. For me, no need to dig further in to it than that.
Crumpler, Gary Knox liked this
By hans14914
Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with the GB baffles (with the exception of those few with fabrication issues). I needed something for my supercharger kit that would seal well against my remote oil fillers. That is the only reason my baffle was made (not to steal market share - these are not a profit item for me). I have plans for a future vacuum pump upgrade for the SC kits, so wanted something that had o-ring seals and a machined surface for sealing.

Either baffle will work fine for your application.

The only thing I would like to point out publicly, is that I do have my own dyno, and this baffle has been tested, and yielded very dry discharge on extended RPM loading and ramp runs. So, Project Nine parts are also dyno tested.

I have a second Mustang MD150 frame that I plan to setup as well with more modern controls (Perek parts here on the bench) so I can do full loop CAN communications with my engine control systems to provide even more data and control for future testing.
Last edited by hans14914 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanR, worf, Gary Knox liked this
By hans14914
Roger is the point of resale for the baffles. I will provide a baffle in conjunction with a remote filler for custom applications, but if you want to install it under the stock oil neck, Roger stocks them in black. All my inventory is satin clear anodized to go with the rest of my hardware.

https://928srus.com/products/hs-baffle? ... s=e&_v=1.0
Mrmerlin liked this
By hessank
Anyone has a picture of the mod they've made to allow adding oil using the remote oil filler (top half)?
By hessank
hessank wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:57 pm Anyone has a picture of the mod they've made to allow adding oil using the remote oil filler (top half)?

I mean when using this 1" nipple
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
hessank wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:03 am Anyone has a picture of the mod they've made to allow adding oil using the remote oil filler (top half)?

I mean when using this 1" nipple
I don't have my Hans Bits easily at-hand to look at them. Thus, I will assume that the port is indeed for oil fill and not crank case ventilation.

D.R.'s Twin-Screw had a top plate with two ports, one for ventilation and one for oil fill. In that application the picture below shows the final configuration for the oil fill.

Mrmerlin liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]