Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By linderpat
Good stuff - NBC carried the Indy race out of Barber MS down south, which was an excellent and entertaining race, then immediately broadcast the IMSA race out of Leguna Seca. After that, a Trans Am race that was a blast out of Laguna Seca on CBS Sports Network. That race had a 13 year old kid podium - Bret Crews. Unbelievable.
By linderpat
Indy got real interesting with Grossjean's bumping of Andretti. Andretti called him a punk, and a number of Indy car drivers are now saying Grossjean has overstayed his welcome.
By Scott at Team Harco
linderpat wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:59 am Indy got real interesting with Grossjean's bumping of Andretti. Andretti called him a punk, and a number of Indy car drivers are now saying Grossjean has overstayed his welcome.
I must have missed that. I did see him do a double bump of Rahal.
By Designer
Here we go again.
Porsche, Audi will join Formula One, Volkswagen CEO says
2 May, 2022

Volkswagen's premium brands Audi and Porsche will join Formula One after they convinced the German automaking group that the move will bring in more money than it will cost, VW chief executive Herbert Diess said on Monday.

Discussions by the board of directors about the two brands' plans had created some divisions, Diess said at an event in Wolfsburg, where the German carmaker is headquartered.

But ultimately the brands, which next to VW's China business are the group's most important income suppliers, made the case that they would pull in more money for Wolfsburg with a Formula One commitment than without one, according to Diess.

"You just run out of arguments," he said.

There has been speculation for several months that the two brands were negotiating partnerships to enter the highest class of international motor racing, which for much of the past decade has been dominated by Volkswagen's German rival Mercedes.

Diess said on Monday that Porsche's preparations for entering Formula One were a little more concrete than Audi's.

Audi is ready to offer around €500 million ($556.3m) for British luxury sports car maker McLaren as a means to enter, a source told Reuters in March, while Porsche intends to establish a long-term partnership with racing team Red Bull starting in several years' time.

In addition to the brands' economic argument, Formula One's high advertising impact was apparently also convincing. Diess said that as a result Porsche will reduce other racing activities and concentrate more on the F1 circuit.

The decision comes as Volkswagen prepares for a possible listing of Porsche AG in the fourth quarter of this year, although sources have said the entry into Formula One racing would only be likely to happen in a few years' time.
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/33 ... n-ceo-says
By linderpat
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:17 pm
linderpat wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:59 am Indy got real interesting with Grossjean's bumping of Andretti. Andretti called him a punk, and a number of Indy car drivers are now saying Grossjean has overstayed his welcome.
I must have missed that. I did see him do a double bump of Rahal.
Scott you are right, it was Rahal. My bad. Andretti (I forget which one, but Mario's nephew) got bumps in the Trans Am race that took place later that day at Laguna Seca.
By wsh
No one else saw the end of yesterday's Nascar Cup race in Martinsville ??!!!

Absolutely the wildest move and finish I've ever seen in any form of racing
Commentators were speechless
Crowd went crazy
You'll need to watch it several times to believe it; the Mrs. thought the film speed wa increased until I pointed out the other cars
10th to 5th in one corner, and a final lap 2.5 SECONDS FASTER than the leader....on a 20 sec lap !!!
By SeanR
wsh wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:36 am No one else saw the end of yesterday's Nascar Cup race in Martinsville ??!!!

Absolutely the wildest move and finish I've ever seen in any form of racing
Commentators were speechless
Crowd went crazy
You'll need to watch it several times to believe it; the Mrs. thought the film speed wa increased until I pointed out the other cars
10th to 5th in one corner, and a final lap 2.5 SECONDS FASTER than the leader....on a 20 sec lap !!!
I saw a quip of it on some random post and ignored it thinking it was from a video game. When I checked the news this morning I was stunned that it was an actual real race. Amazing.
By Scott at Team Harco
Too lazy to hunt for it. Is there a YT vid? Haven't followed N-CRAP for sometime. Even before they went full retard on the woke/diversity bullshit.
By wsh
The two best comments I've seen:

"Slingshot, engaged"
"Jesus take the wheel"
By Crisis
Well that certainly wasn't a boring finish!

By wsh
Saw a podcast with Steve Letarte (former crew chief) and he said the drivers were entering turn 4 at ~60 mph; Chastain was doing 125 mph
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]