Where you should report and bugs or suggestions

Should we keep the mobile app option or just stick with the classic browser?

Kill the Tapatalk app as the browser is good enough
92%
Keep the Tapatalk app as an option
8%
By fpena944
Registration Days Posts
I've had the mobile app option available for a few days. I know it's causing problems for a few users but is anyone actually using it?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, read this thread:

Testing mobile app for your use - please provide feedback as we evaluate
By worf
Registration Days Posts Custom
I tried taptalk about a million years ago. It sucked.

Should I try it again? How will it change my life? Can I get a cut of the data harvesting revenue? How many WhatsInstaTwitBookTok APIs does it use?

Browser has always been my preferred means on desktop and iPad.

Forum usage on a tiny mobile screen… meh. Emergency use only. (And even then, I mostly have my cell-enabled iPad.)

Sorry for being a luddite. Or an asshole. Multiple choice answer. :roflmao:
By fpena944
Registration Days Posts
worf wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:33 pm I tried taptalk about a million years ago. It sucked.

Should I try it again? How will it change my life? Can I get a cut of the data harvesting revenue? How many WhatsInstaTwitBookTok APIs does it use?

Browser has always been my preferred means on desktop and iPad.

Forum usage on a tiny mobile screen… meh. Emergency use only. (And even then, I mostly have my cell-enabled iPad.)

Sorry for being a luddite. Or an asshole. Multiple choice answer. :roflmao:
I don't use it either. This forum automatically scales the size of the forum so that it formats itself differently for mobile devices.

I just wanted to offer the choice, but if no one really wants to use it then one less thing to support.
By sh944
My vote is to kill it. You have enough trouble on your hands and I do t see any immediate value from it.
By hernanca
Registration Days Posts
fpena944 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:57 pmThis forum automatically scales the size of the forum so that it formats itself differently for mobile devices.
I semi-keep up with web development and the question I came up with a while back was, why have "mobile apps" anymore when HTML 5 adapts to the display device? There is probably some benefit for continuing to develop them that I am simply not aware of, but I can't help but wonder if it isn't just a slowly dying betamax.

I never opt for the mobile versions of anything even though I do use my phone a lot for the internet. I have tried a few in the past and was usually disappointed or frustrated by the interface difference, even though I am aware of the mobile device interface model. Along the lines of what Worf said, I am also suspicious of who may be benefitting from my essentially guaranteeing that they have a link to my cell phone.

I may be in the minority on all this however since there is a part of me that still tries to refuse to accept a cell phone as anything more than just a telephone plus texting capability.

(Sent via the convenience of my cell phone, of course....)

Carlos Hernandez
By Gretch
Shoot

shovel

&

shut up

:evilgrin:
By lupo.sk
I am replying from the app, been testing it on and off.
You can do stats, right? How many people have connected thru the app?
By Airkuhl
Tapatalk had some value in years past, but frankly auto-scaling has become decent enough that the app's become irrelevant, and it brings its own share of issues and overhead.
By fpena944
Registration Days Posts
lupo.sk wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:04 am I am replying from the app, been testing it on and off.
You can do stats, right? How many people have connected thru the app?
You know I haven't seen anywhere that has stats on usage! I'm looking but can't find anything yet.

In any case I disabled it for right now. If it's too much of a loss for some of you let me know and we'll see if there is something we can do to simulate app usage.
By JRMaroon
Last week I started the setup process on taptalk and it quickly became more trouble than it was worth. I do not have any issues with the forum on my mobile device so no desire to proceed with the app. Thanks for asking.
By jcnesq
I would never use it, I'm usually on computer or sometimes iPad, but don't do this kind of stuff on phone.
Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

P.S....KMag is still a bag of shit Is there a[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Those wheels are Pirelli P Slots, OEM on certain 8[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]

Racing garments

Let me call my son ~ you can never have too many […]