Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By fpena944
I wanted to highlight a new Racing and HPDE Resource Center on the main site:

https://openroad.site/racing-and-high-p ... education/

This is just the start of this section but the intention here is to post different articles on topics that are relevant to those participating in track events. Of course the forum will still be source of discussions but this will be a repository for reference materials.

Let me know if you would like to submit any contributions as we'll be updating this content on a continual basis.

Please share any comments or suggestions, enjoy!
dernflatlander liked this
By David993S
Great idea. And perhaps those of us with racing or DE experience can contribute additional personal insights, if there's a place for that.
By fpena944
David993S wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:16 am Great idea. And perhaps those of us with racing or DE experience can contribute additional personal insights, if there's a place for that.
That would be awesome!

I there is interest I can enable a feature to accept contributions. Or just IM me the text and I can do the all of the formatting and addition of imagery.

I'm heading down to the DE in a few hours and running my Cayman this weekend. Will have an Open Road banner there on our RV and some cards to pass to those who are interested in joining.
David993S liked this
By dernflatlander
fpena944 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:38 pm
David993S wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:16 am Great idea. And perhaps those of us with racing or DE experience can contribute additional personal insights, if there's a place for that.
That would be awesome!

I there is interest I can enable a feature to accept contributions. Or just IM me the text and I can do the all of the formatting and addition of imagery.

I'm heading down to the DE in a few hours and running my Cayman this weekend. Will have an Open Road banner there on our RV and some cards to pass to those who are interested in joining.
See you tomorrow morning. Weather forecast has improved, thankfully.
By fpena944
dernflatlander wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:19 pm
fpena944 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:38 pm
That would be awesome!

See you tomorrow morning. Weather forecast has improved, thankfully.
We're in space #17 by the track support vehicles. You'll see our Cayenne and Cayman parked there.

What will you be tracking?
By dernflatlander
Just coming up to meet with some of the club race guys to finalize our strategy for staging the race next month. I am without a track worthy car right now. My dedicated 951 is awaiting the timing belt / water pump / rod bearing preventative maintenance and resources are stretched pretty thin right now.
fpena944 liked this
By dernflatlander
Hey, Fernando. It was an absolute pleasure to hang with you briefly yesterday. Hope to see you again soon.
By fpena944
dernflatlander wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:08 pm Hey, Fernando. It was an absolute pleasure to hang with you briefly yesterday. Hope to see you again soon.
@dernflatlander - it was great meeting you too!

Wish I wouldn't have had another session coming up as it cut our conversation short but I really did enjoy our brief talk.

Going to try as much as I can to make it to the October club race, hopefully we can catch up a bit then too. :rockon:
dernflatlander liked this
By linderpat
For anyone within spitting distance of Pitt Race, our club, ARPCA has its last DE at the end of October. A little risky because it is late in the season, but we run a great event. We have Mid-O this coming weekend, and we didn't come close to selling out. I would have gone if I wasn't travelling on biz this week.
fpena944 liked this
By David993S
linderpat wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:24 am For anyone within spitting distance of Pitt Race, our club, ARPCA has its last DE at the end of October. A little risky because it is late in the season, but we run a great event. We have Mid-O this coming weekend, and we didn't come close to selling out. I would have gone if I wasn't travelling on biz this week.

Pitt Race is a great track. Very close when we used to live in Cleveland. Perhaps we can meet up at a M-O event sometime.
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
our last Club DE event (ARPCA) is next weekend, Oct 29/30 at Pitt Race. We still have lots of spots open, and we'll take late sign ups - come on over. It'll be great. Linky: https://arpca.com/de/
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:01 pm our last Club DE event (ARPCA) is next weekend, Oct 29/30 at Pitt Race. We still have lots of spots open, and we'll take late sign ups - come on over. It'll be great. Linky: https://arpca.com/de/
If you do take any photos feel free to share and I can place them there under the "Events" section.

I'm attending a Club Race this Saturday for a few hours so hope to get some shots of track vehicles in action.
linderpat liked this
By JRMaroon
Running with CHIN this weekend at Road Atlanta and should have a few photos to share.
fpena944 liked this
By Cuda911
I'm headed to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway today. Will post some pix too.
By linderpat
Well, I got signed off this weekend as a PCA National Instructor. Lord help me! Actually, it should be fun. :bigok:
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am Well, I got signed off this weekend as a PCA National Instructor. Lord help me! Actually, it should be fun. :bigok:
Congratulations!!!

I'm sure you're going to have some fun stories to share from your experiences! :biggrin:
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
Prolly. My first gig is in 3 weeks at Pitt Race. It’s a novice outing/intro to track, so should be a pretty easy group to work with.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]