8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Don Smith
Good morning guys and gals.
I just did a fuel pump replacement,filter and cross over pipe, and it all went well. But....there is always a but. My electric wires and rubber covers were both hard. I have been looking for a source of these rubber boots, but not found one locally, yet. Any good source out there, besides the stealer.
Thanks
Don
By worf
By Don Smith
Thank you both. I will call Roger tomorrow morning.
By Don Smith
And as a follow up, Roger has them for $5.25 each. Ordered along with some graphite bearings for my new Hans shift kit.
My car is going to be a perfect driver, after this, but unfortunately, it goes away till spring, and I will have to wait to do these small changes.
Oh well, third world problems!
By worf
Don Smith wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:45 am And as a follow up, Roger has them for $5.25 each.
Which? The correct boots or the boots for the level or pressure senders?
Don Smith wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:45 am Ordered along with some graphite bearings for my new Hans shift kit.
Why? Is something missing from @hans14914’s kit?
By hans14914
Dave - he is referring to the aftermarket "911" poly-graphite bushings to rebuild the rear coupler. I generally advise people to replace the coupler bushing with a round-hole (911) bushing as opposed to the silly slot bushings used in the 928 coupler. Even a brand new one has over 1mm of random travel in the slot.
worf liked this
By worf
hans14914 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:58 pm Dave - he is referring to the aftermarket "911" poly-graphite bushings to rebuild the rear coupler. I generally advise people to replace the coupler bushing with a round-hole (911) bushing as opposed to the silly slot bushings used in the 928 coupler. Even a brand new one has over 1mm of random travel in the slot.
Ah.

I just cut on of the old shift handle bushings in half and stick the halves in the oval.
By Don Smith
Yes, Dave, the rubber boots for the fuel pump were $5.25 each, and I did as Hans suggested, for the polygraph its bushings. I am only going in there once!
Thanks for your help.
By hilton
These may fit?

928 612 497 00

Protection cap for the 2-wire oil pressure sender

I used them for the AC pressure sender years ago (returning my '89 to stock as it had a combined sensor from a PO). Not quite as big a diameter as the fuel pump's stubs, but close.

pic on Theo's site: https://jenniskens.livedsl.nl/Technical ... Tip673.htm
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]