8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Crumpler
I think I’ve been a member 15 years.
I can’t say I’m getting much out of it any more.

Initially it was prestige of ownership but that wore off.
Then it was for the magazine, but I think I have the last 12 issues of Panorama sitting in plastic unopened.

Then it was for HPDE, but now it’s set up with no preference if you are a member or not.

Certainly not a resource for 928 support. There might be one other 928 in my region.
My chapter is thin on tech in general, most events are drives to wineries. If there’s a tech session it’s about sound systems or “which wax is best”.

“It’s the people!” Meh. I don’t wear windbreakers.

I think I’ve hit bottom, some one convince me to pay my dues. ;)
By fpena944
Crumpler wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:21 pm I think I’ve been a member 15 years.
I can’t say I’m getting much out of it any more.

Initially it was prestige of ownership but that wore off.
Then it was for the magazine, but I think I have the last 12 issues of Panorama sitting in plastic unopened.

Then it was for HPDE, but now it’s set up with no preference if you are a member or not.

Certainly not a resource for 928 support. There might be one other 928 in my region.
My chapter is thin on tech in general, most events are drives to wineries. If there’s a tech session it’s about sound systems or “which wax is best”.

“It’s the people!” Meh. I don’t wear windbreakers.

I think I’ve hit bottom, some one convince me to pay my dues. ;)
I think you've covered all the reasons I would have provided as a rebuttal!

I don't get a tremendous amount of benefit either but I do enjoy the magazine and figure that by itself is worthy of the cost of membership. I also thought, at least in my region, that you do get a slight discount on HPDE fees if you are a PCA member. If that is the case then it should pay for itself after 1-2 events.

Our region also has a pretty active Facebook page so if I need to get information on local vendors or services that's there for me. Not sure if they prune that group if I were to let me membership lapse. But now that I've been a member for 20 years it's becoming more of a bragging point so I'll probably remain a member indefinitely.

Oh also forgot, there are some events that it helps to be a member like the Amelia Island show and a handful of others. But if you don't attend shows then no benefit there either.
By N_Jay
Anyone from Orange Coast (86-97) or Chesapeake (83-86)?
Used to be very active. Then kids happened.
Hard to give it up when my 40th year is right around the corner.
By worf
‘bin a member for 25 years now.

Got my money’s worth in years 0 to 10.

Now, … meh.

But, maybe again sometime.

Why stop after 25 years?
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
yes, these things ebb and flow. I have been very active in my Region, but am looking forward to scaling back. I enjoy the folks and activities though. My advice is to renew.
By Skyhawk172
I have only been a member for 5 years but we have met some of the nicest people. Unfortunately a lot of them have moved away from California. We do have a couple that we call good friends from the club. Saturday those friends and my wife and are is hosting a tour to a winery. also we get 10% off any purchase for Rocklin Porsche :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
By N_Jay
Now that I finally have a road-worthy porsche again, we are looking at getting active again, and just hoping the people were as nice as 30 years ago.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:04 pm Now that I finally have a road-worthy porsche again, we are looking at getting active again, and just hoping the people were as nice as 30 years ago.
We've got a good group here in the Carolinas region. I don't go to the social events but the ones I've met at car shows or track days have been good people.
By WyattsRide
Good that you renewed. I'm going to renew also.

Here's my reason. Chicks are very impressed when I flash them my cool membership card. :eyepop: :thumbup:
linderpat, Crumpler liked this
By Crumpler
Semi related story:

I had the 928 at work one day and my client asked me about it, then asked if I was in PCA.

I said I was a member, he asked me how I liked it.
I said it seemed to be wine and cheese without a lot of substance….
Awkward silence.
He then says that is the President of the chapter, lol.
I did my best from there.
User2, worf, sh944 liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]