8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
just bought my 3rd 928 an 87 S4 its an a**o, just don't tell Roger
as the title says still thinking about what i am going to do with it, either:

part it out and sell the parts
drain the coolant from the engine and keep it in dry storage for a few years and see which way the market goes
get it to pass an MOT do the basics and resell it
restore it and drive it.

still need to put it on a lift and check crank end float and see how rust it is under there before i make a decision.
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
h2pmr wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:49 am still need to put it on a lift and check crank end float and see how rust it is under there before i make a decision.
This -^
By Sazerac
Given the condensation, I can't tell, if it is a repaint. It looks pretty nice from what I see. Engine pics?
By h2pmr
just had a good look on the underside and my main worry was crank end float but this old girl's is .2mm :rockon: :jumper:

yes its a little rusty but by UK standards, or at least all the ones i have seen its in pretty good solid condition.

power steering belt needed tightening and gearbox oil needed topping up, will change the gearbox oil and filter next week, but it shifts nicely in all gears.

no sign of any excess pressure in the coolant system so headgaskets are at least ok for now, will need doing before they do fail and will need a cambelt and water pump, as there is no history of it having been done.

has had new power steering pipes and i think an exchange rack and has no leaks in the system

millage is just over 105k miles
so overall am very happy with it, always a gamble when you buy from a private seller.

does need all the usual, engine mounts, fuel pipes, genuine S4 wheels genuine air pipes etc etc but its worth saving and not breaking

so will drain the coolant via engine block drains, give it a good waxoil underneath wash, polish, and dry store it under a dust sheet until next year.
links to a couple of video's of it:

cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]