Watercooled 911s
By fpena944
As you all saw in my previous post about trying to get my emissions system back online (How long for emissions controls to be back online?), I have been waiting and waiting to finally see everything come back to normal.

Took the car in for state inspection this morning and found it a bit unusual that the whole process only took less than 5 minutes. Turns out that after 20 years in my state, only a safety inspection is needed!!!

So yes, all this worrying and trying so hard to get to the point where all systems were ready and for what?

In any case I'm glad to know that it's not something I will need to worry about on a go-forward basis. Woo hoo!
TheDeckMan liked this
By Gregs04.5
I wish it was that easy here in Wisconsin, I live too close to a metro area, but within walking distance of the county line where I would not need emissions tests.

So I get to test my vehicles, but it still doesn't take more than 5 minutes, as it's only emissions, they don't give a shit about safety here in Wisconsin.

Greg
By N_Jay
In NC you are also allowed to have one or two measurements "not ready".
I forget if it was one or two.
By fpena944
Gregs04.5 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:16 am I wish it was that easy here in Wisconsin, I live too close to a metro area, but within walking distance of the county line where I would not need emissions tests.

So I get to test my vehicles, but it still doesn't take more than 5 minutes, as it's only emissions, they don't give a shit about safety here in Wisconsin.

Greg
Is there ever a point where a classic car doesn't need emissions testing in your county?
N_Jay wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:29 am In NC you are also allowed to have one or two measurements "not ready".
I forget if it was one or two.
If I remember correctly it's just one that is allowed to be incomplete. I had four for the longest time but they finally all cleared up.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]