SUVs and sedans
By RED HORSE
Backed my 18 Cayenne Turbo out of the garage on the way to acupuncture Friday and by the end of the driveway I had this. Towed to the dealer but they said they are at least 3 weeks out on work. Anyone have any idea what I'm looking at cost wise?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By N_Jay
Have them read tho codes and tell you exactly what is showing before they start any work.
By RED HORSE
N_Jay wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:44 pm Have them read tho codes and tell you exactly what is showing before they start any work.
It is a smaller family owned dealership and they said they will call once diagnosed. I’ve bought many, most actually, from then since the 80’s. The daughter who is now the GM was a service writer when I purchased my first car from them.
By XR4Tim
Any chance you're still under the 4-year/50k warranty?
By fpena944
Without the codes hard to tell for sure.

But I had this when one of my air shocks was leaking. I ended up having to replace them both but did so through an Indy in West Palm (I'll plug for him any time someone needs someone down there after the debacle I had with the dealer) that put in a new pair.

No issues since then and certainly no error messages.

Good luck, fingers crossed!
By lupo.sk
Do you have PDCC? Do you have air suspension? (Should be standard on turbo but I’ve seen weird builds). Is the car level when parked on a flat surface? When did you last change your battery? Do you use your pig daily?

I’ve been thru all the possible a/s and pdcc faults so just answer these questions first. It can be as cheap as $50 for a level sensor or as bad as PDCC pump rebuild and sway bar replacement. Ask me how I know…
By RED HORSE
Car appeared level when I got in and level when I parked back in the garage, but the air pump was running like crazy. There was a brief unidentifiable sound when I first backed out of the garage.

It doesn’t get driven daily but for sure every 4 or 5 days for sure. If it sits longer than a week, very rare, it goes on the battery tender.

Would have gone to my Indy but he is swamped and said it would be 4 weeks before he could get to it.

Just out of warranty by two months. I will plead for at least “good will” on the parts which has worked before on a Boxster I had.

Yep, air suspension. My bet is a bad air shock, but we will see.
By XR4Tim
Sounds like an air leak that the compressor is trying to make up for. You've got a good shot at goodwill coverage, especially since you've bought multiple Porsches.
By fpena944
RED HORSE wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:02 pm Car appeared level when I got in and level when I parked back in the garage, but the air pump was running like crazy. There was a brief unidentifiable sound when I first backed out of the garage.

It doesn’t get driven daily but for sure every 4 or 5 days for sure. If it sits longer than a week, very rare, it goes on the battery tender.

Would have gone to my Indy but he is swamped and said it would be 4 weeks before he could get to it.

Just out of warranty by two months. I will plead for at least “good will” on the parts which has worked before on a Boxster I had.

Yep, air suspension. My bet is a bad air shock, but we will see.
XR4Tim wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:18 am Sounds like an air leak that the compressor is trying to make up for. You've got a good shot at goodwill coverage, especially since you've bought multiple Porsches.
Had the same issue on my CTT when one of the shocks started leaking. The compressor was running all the time which of course could lead to it burning out (and that's where things get a lot more expensive).

Hope they'll treat you right!
RED HORSE liked this
By RED HORSE
Just went by and picked up a loaner. Verdict "The suspension completely collapsed."

They have requested warranty coverage from PCA should know in a couple of days.
By RED HORSE
$17,000+ for repairs. Replace struts, etc. on all 4 corners. Porsche going to cover parts, with two year warranty on parts and labor.
XR4Tim, maddog2020 liked this
By maddog2020
RED HORSE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:09 pm $17,000+ for repairs. Replace struts, etc. on all 4 corners. Porsche going to cover parts, with two year warranty on parts and labor.
Christmas in July.
By lupo.sk
And all because of $100 in valves and $20 compressor rebuild kit.
By RED HORSE
Finally got the pig back today. All in all, not as bad as I had expected. My cost was a little over $7,000 and Porsche picked up about $9,000. Complete replacement of all the air suspension, struts, pump, valve block, etc. + 50,000 mile service.

Glad to have it back, now the decision is keep it or buy the Panamera GTS I put a refundable deposit down on. The Panamera is somewhere between Houston and Germany on the high seas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fpena944 liked this
By tooloud10
RED HORSE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:09 pm $17,000+ for repairs. Replace struts, etc. on all 4 corners. Porsche going to cover parts, with two year warranty on parts and labor.
Man, that's absolutely insane. The dirty secret of air suspensions is that they're really not all that complicated but a few manufacturers seem to have conspired to make the parts ridiculously expensive.

I think the entire system on one of my previous cars (Land Rover) could have been replaced for under $3k by my indy mechanic in a few hours.
RED HORSE liked this
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]