By Johnny Five
I got ‘em. What’s up?
By Cuda911
Good thread. Highly informative!
By Johnny Five
LOL, just wanted to get the AZN party started. 2015 Tundra 5.7 murdered out with 3” lift and Warn 6 ton winch up front. I’ll post pics later. Any of you red necks have a winch?
By martyp
Gave up on Tundra when Toy abandoned small diesel plans. May end up with a baby Duramax, will see.
By Mitch9000
Love my Tundra. Best gas 1/2 ton truck on the market. It may not be the fanciest, but it’s reliable, comfortable, and capable.

I’ve owned 4, staring 2008 - the latest is a 2019.

I’ve also owned a 2016 Silverado duramax. Amazing truck and great for towing the sleds.
By martyp
Yup, they are nice. I was on the Toyota truck bandwagon early with a '73 HiLux. Bought it used with a burned valve. Fixed that and replaced the timing chain/tensioners. Modded it with a cam, increased carb venturi size, and an exhaust. Oh and Formula Desert Dogs, lol. Stupid kid, great vehicle.

I was really hoping Toy, who I believe at one time owned the largest small vehicle diesel engine company in the world, would bring something to the US. Maybe they still might . . . or maybe all of the diesel-gate and related problems have convinced Toy to not brave it.
By XtremeRaptor18
I haven't owned a Toyota since I left Idaho back in '10 (lifted but no winch), it's been Ford's and one Dodge since then, all 3/4 or 1 tons, mostly diesels until the Raptor came along.

I don't go places where I might need a winch since I'm typically well over a 100 miles from home up on a mountain at a cell site, alone, so getting back home safely is paramount.
By Johnny Five
TRD dual exhaust
TRD airbox
3” lift with bilstein shocks
Warn Xeon 12000
TRD grill / headlights / badges
COTA track sticker shaves 87/100ths.
Last edited by Johnny Five on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Johnny Five
I can drift the Tundra better than the GT3RS and BMW135i. It’s super easy and fun especially on wet roads. TUNDRA!
By TheDeckMan
Finally decided it was time to replace the old GMC as it was becoming too much to maintain for all the work It did.

My old man has had Tundras since 2000 and has had nothing but great things to say about them. His current one is a 2010 TRD Rock Warrior with the TRD supercharger kit. It tows, it pushes snow and with 150k miles of abuse keeps on running.

Drove this Friday and put the deposit down on it, cannot wait to pick it up in a couple weeks.

2021 Limited Nightshade Edition
TRD Shocks
TRD Exhaust
TRD Sway bar

Getting a spray on bed liner, tonneau cover, Boss V-plow, leveling kit, strobes, 6” LED back ups, 18” TRD wheels with snows.
By TheDeckMan
Old mans TRD Supercharged 2010 with 150k miles and my new rig.
By TheDeckMan
2nd storm and absolutely love it! Plowed out the house and work which use to take 2 hours in the GMC, with the V-Plow and better turning radius took an hour to plow the shop out which is about 2 acres of parking lot.

Just rolled over 3,000 miles today, only gripe is no CD player but it sure is nice to have XM when spending many hours plowing. Hell working heated seats, defrost that actually works is pretty nice too.

The 18" TDR Pro wheels ride nice with studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta's. The leveling kit in the front ended up with a slight rear rake so have to put in another 1.5" in the rear to level it out.
By amdavid
^^^Sweet!^^^ Love me some night time snow runs with heat and music....add a plow, add some fun.
By TheDeckMan
amdavid wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:45 pm ^^^Sweet!^^^ Love me some night time snow runs with heat and music....add a plow, add some fun.
Thanks David :beerchug: Only time it gets old is dealing with soft ground and wet heavy snow :cussing:

Jamming along with some Redbulls and good tunes in powder all night long!
By amdavid
TheDeckMan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:15 pm
amdavid wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:45 pm ^^^Sweet!^^^ Love me some night time snow runs with heat and music....add a plow, add some fun.
Thanks David :beerchug: Only time it gets old is dealing with soft ground and wet heavy snow :cussing:

Jamming along with some Redbulls and good tunes in powder all night long!
Excellent, stamping some new memories!

Yeah, I definitely know about wet heavy snow, which is about all we get here in the foothills.....Sierra Cement as we call it.
By TheDeckMan
amdavid wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:12 pm
Excellent, stamping some new memories!

Yeah, I definitely know about wet heavy snow, which is about all we get here in the foothills.....Sierra Cement as we call it.

Absolutely! Sierra Cement...sounds like some heavy stuff!

First oil change at 3k last night, was going to toss in a rear 1.5" leveling blocks but the shocks are maxed out on droop as well as it looks like the end links need to be extended. Going to order up some Bilstein 5100's for the rear and make up some new endlinks it seems as well before all that can go in.

Interesting thing of note is that the exhaust is a true dual with no cross-over, which has me thinking that a x-pipe might yield a little more power and smoother note versus the lump, lump, lump, lump alternating side.
amdavid liked this
By TRAKCAR
Just got this 2017 100k miles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]