8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By hans14914
I just had another batch of the fuel rails with internal dampers machined, and they are readily available. These are machined from solid billet, not extrusion. They have -6 ORB ports at either end, and are machined to accept Nissan G35 fuel damper inserts. Dampers are installed between each injector pair for optimal dampening in a batch fire system (if retaining the stock LH). Fuel rails also have injector retention clips with an anti-rotation feature for the keyed split-spray injectors. Rails are 6061 and satin clear anodized. Retaining clips are waterjet 304ss.

Internal dampers greatly simplify plumbing, as does the female -6ORB port allowing for use with any number of fittings or directly crimped hose ends.

Suggested flow pattern is parallel for batch, and series can be used on aftermarket sequential for even simpler plumbing.

Mounting brackets are available for direct installation on stock 87+ manifolds.

Fitment has also been confirmed by a third-party on the Euro 16v M28/21 engines with custom brackets (not able to test 16v fitment in-house as I have no 16v engines in the collection).

3D model of the standard damper rail (without the S4 mounting tabs) available for viewing here:
http://cloudviewer.spaceclaim.com/66155 ... bb163.html

3D model of the damper rail with offset S4 mounting tabs (left side shown) available for viewing here:
http://cloudviewer.spaceclaim.com/49611 ... 934e3.html

Some random pictures:

Bertrand Daoust liked this
By worf
Very interesting. I may need a set of these for my twin-screw.

hans14914 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:38 pm Image
What’s the black gizmo at the end of the rail?
By Stepson
Hans,
I like the idea of new fuel rails/dampeners/injectors. What kind of dinero are we talking here? PM me if you like, but I likee.
By hans14914
worf wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:52 pm Very interesting. I may need a set of these for my twin-screw.

hans14914 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:38 pm Image
What’s the black gizmo at the end of the rail?
It's a Deatschwerks DWR1000iL fuel pressure regulator. It's what I use on my supercharger builds currently:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0414/ ... 1617899104

It is a super narrow regulator with in-line ports. I use a 6ORB union to connect it directly to the regulator, and then a short line with a 90deg swivel fitting connects it back to the cooler/return.

I would probably recommend a different regulator for running parallel flow with a stock harness/batch-fire injection. The DWR1000c offers much more flexibility with port entry and has a bottom exit. Very easy to use with multiple input paths:

https://deatschwerks.com/collections/fu ... 6-1002-frb

Of course, the stock regulator can be used as well if that is desired with the correct return lines.
By hans14914
Stepson wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:57 pm Hans,
I like the idea of new fuel rails/dampeners/injectors. What kind of dinero are we talking here? PM me if you like, but I likee.
Hey John! Kind of hard to just list a price, as depends on what people want. I can supply it with all the dampers and injectors, or just a bare set of rails. To make things easy to give a price, as of 1/18/2022 supplied as empty rails, injector retaining clips, damper retaining clips, and hardware:

Standard damper rails with symmetrical mounting points (for use with your own brackets) - $550/pair

87-95 direct fit to stock manifold with offset damper retaining mounts - $565/pair

It seems expensive, and it is definitely not cheap. However, the dampers that go in there are only $15/each. Add a high-quality aftermarket pressure regulator in the $125 range and the complete setup is less expensive than replacing stock components.

Of course, that requires different lines, but I have a whole assortment of different fittings to make all of that very easy and inexpensive.

It is not a product for the stock replacement crowd, but we have several options available for them right now. This does make the job a lot easier for those doing a performance build that necessitates a revised plumbing system.

I made these for my intake manifold and supercharger projects, and after being able to fit them directly to the S4 and Euro 16v intakes, I thought I would run a batch for those doing engine management conversions or personal performance builds.
By JBRob007
Wow! Simply Wow! Too bad I don't own anything nice enough to put that jewelry on anymore. Talk about functional... and efficient... and just plain GORGEOUS! Nice bling for an engine builder that's for sure! Nice work buddy! :beerchug:
By Stepson
At that kind of price, save me a direct fit set of fuel rails for a stock manifold. I will follow up with the accoutrements desired for those fuel rails.
By Benno
Wow Hans this is really fantastic and super well thought out. Id be curious to see the fuel line implementation on a stock manifold setup.

Curious what sorts of performance benefits on a stock system?
By hans14914
Benno wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:20 am Wow Hans this is really fantastic and super well thought out. Id be curious to see the fuel line implementation on a stock manifold setup.

Curious what sorts of performance benefits on a stock system?
Thanks for the kind words.

I would not expect to see any performance benefit on a stock system.

The only real benefit is space and flexibility of plumbing. These are shorter than the stock rails, so allow more space in the rear where it gets tight on the factory rails. It also takes out the dampers that get in the way of aftermarket projects.

With current fuel additives, and unknown future additives, the only "safe" fuel line option for long-term installation is PTFE lined hose. Converting over to AN style fittings helps reduce the number of less-common metric PTFE fittings. With these rails, and a conversion fitting at the front hard supply line and at the fuel cooler, the rest of the parts for fuel line fabrication are common and inexpensive.

I have the adapter fittings in available in several formats.
By hans14914
Hey all!

I have another batch of 16/sets of rails. I am able to hold the same price on this batch as before: $550/set with symmetrical brackets; $565/set with the offset brackets for mounting on an S4 manifold.

These have successfully been mounted by a customer on a 16v euro with custom brackets and no other modifications.

Get them before the inevitable price increase on the next batch.
By grepin
Hi Hans,

Very timely. I have a 16V engine so I would be interested to know how the other person had fitted his up. I was about to pull the trigger on a full set of hose to tail adapters a new Reg and some form of damper which I was having trouble deciding on. Especially something that can handle batch fire LH injection. And of course injectors. I feel this is a better option if I can make it work. Probably cheaper.
Straight up I am thinking with dampers, probably reg and maybe even injectors. I would probably even chase whatever connectors are needed to make it work. Especially from the inlet to the engine bay and to the cooler. Pics of that other 16v setup would be awesome or even a contact. So I guess count me in.

Greg
By hans14914
Greg,

I have reached out that person and will see if I can share pictures. The mounts were pretty strait forward, and I may be able to have some waterjet cut here. If I recall correctly, the car is an 85 euro. Spacing and such should be the same. This customer is doing a Megasquirt conversion and will be running a higher fuel pressure. These dampers do not function well with system pressures below 3 bar. This is a problem with the factory L-Jet pressure of 2.5bar. If you plan on running a higher pressure with an aftermarket regulator, these will work fine. The dampers are just not very effective at such a low system pressure.
By grepin
Thanks Hans,

Yes the damper thing has been a stumbling block everywhere I turn. Unless I buy original I am still using some sort of Bosch insert anyway. That said I am am running an aftermarket ECU and with new injectors 3.0 bar might be ok. My car is a EURO so it might like it. Thinking ahead I could leave my current damper in place and it could form an easy T off to the front of the fuel rails. Couldn't hurt I assume. Are there suitable fittings to go to the original damper style connections? If there is capacity to come up with some form of bracket thats half the battle. Early 16V Euros seem to be in the dead zone of aftermarket progression with there single front damper, dual rear regs and barbed fittings everywhere.
By hans14914
Greg,

If you are running an aftermarket ECU, why not use a higher system pressure. You will get much better atomization of the fuel, and the injectors will perform more linearly. If you run a higher pressure, these dampers will work fine, and it does simplify the plumbing quite a bit. Most ECU calculate the injector pulse width from a VE table, so the only change you should have to make is physically adjusting the fuel pressure regulator to 45-50psi (whichever) and then using that value in the ECU and it should update everything on its own with no need for any major adjustments.

Just a thought.

I have received and OK from the customer with the rails installed on a euro to share his brackets.
worf liked this
By grepin
Hi Hans. Sounds like its all coming together. I am more than happy to run a higher pressure within the bounds of the fuel pump. That is great news regarding the brackets. I would be interested to know what injectors he is running. Even just for reference to match height to the brackets.
By hans14914
Greg,

The height of the injector doesnt really matter. You use an unthreaded spacer as a standoff for the rails. You can change that height to whatever fits your injectors.

24lb is a good size for a stock car. If you plan on doing any extreme modifications, you can consider 30lb. I use Bosch 211U267 for my standard injectors.
By hans14914
There are only a couple more sets in the batch if anyone wants them before they are gone. I can also guarantee if there is another batch, there will be a noticeable increase in price as the costs have been going up.
By Don Smith
Hey Hans, will you be making any more shift kits? Sorry, I should have asked you when I was at Frenzy.
Cheers
Don
By hans14914
I am having a batch of mounting brackets made to hold the Deatschwerks DWR1000c regulators in the factory location.

Combined with the damper rails, you can reduce many potential fuel related issues with modern materials and construction. Easily change out the rubber lines to PTFE lined hoses, add sensors including fuel temperature, fuel pressure, and ethanol content.

I currently have brackets to mount to the stock S4 manifold. Complete kits with XPR HS-79CSM hoses will be available shortly after receiving and testing the new regulator bracket.

Anyone interested in rails or a complete kit, please contact me. I have a ton of inventory on rails, and converting some of this stock into cash will help development on some other projects I have ready for production. Early adopters will get a significant discount on the hose kit and regulator.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]