8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By worf
I’m looking (go to) for one too. But not for engine builds.

Why do you want one?
By hans14914
I think I am down to my last original unit, and the two different prototypes I made for the Sunex stands. Unfortunately, the Sunex stands have too short a wheel base to support the 928 engine in the extended position, so I never made any more.

If someone really needs to borrow one, I can loan it out.... but not for something like a 5-year build. I have at least 8 engines here, so I will need it myself at some point.

They are pretty easy to make, and I already have the drawings. I never made or had the necessary flywheel lock tool quoted. Kind of worthless without that piece, but you often don't even see the factory yokes with the matching lock.

If I get a minimum of 5 people to commit to buying a set, I would go back and check the lock tool design and get quotes on having something made.

I have WAY too many parts on the shelf here from stuff that people said they wanted and then only sold a handful of. I honestly don't even have the room to inventory more parts.
By worf
hans14914 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:40 am I have WAY too many parts on the shelf here from stuff that people said they wanted and then only sold a handful of. I honestly don't even have the room to inventory more parts.
Hans, you probably have stuff I’d buy in 1/2-dozen or more quantities that I don’t even know you have.

You should gather up and post an inventory.
milrad liked this
By worf
maddog2020 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 am engine build.
I assemble the case on a work table and then transfer to my geared stand with my engine picker.
By Stepson
worf wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:05 am
Hans, you probably have stuff I’d buy in 1/2-dozen or more quantities that I don’t even know you have.

You should gather up and post an inventory.
+928 Hans, You should post what you DO have for sale.
maddog2020 liked this
By hans14914
Here is the 3D model of the factory part with the flywheel lock:

http://cloudviewer.spaceclaim.com/e18f6 ... f254b.html

It would only take me a few minutes to modify the design for use with a standard 4-arm stand. We just need to get a couple people interested before I go back and double check the lock tool and send for quotes.

By h2pmr
hi Hans
i will take one, don't need it until the spring/summer, but let me know if you need a deposit on it anytime
+ postage to the UK

cheers
Phil
By worf
hans14914 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:49 pm It would only take me a few minutes to modify the design for use with a standard 4-arm stand. We just need to get a couple people interested before I go back and double check the lock tool and send for quotes.
I’ll buy two.
By hans14914
I am looking into the flywheel lock.

I am going to order a couple off the shelf parts to see if any have the same tooth pattern. Will keep everyone updated.
By h2pmr
just wondering how this project is going?
cheers
Phil
By hans14914
Sorry guys, I have not had the energy to make these.

I need to sell some of the other stuff that is sitting around here first. Too much inventory to start another project.
By maddog2020
begrudgingly I ended up buying one of the vendor who shall not be named. It fits the engine, and I haven't bolted it to a stand yet. its sold and smashed the fuck-all out of one of my toes when it fell over in the garage.
By Scott at Team Harco
On the odd chance that the 911 cradle will work, I have one that I don't anticipate needing again.

More photos in this thread: The 133,333 mile engine rebuild thread
Post #16657 is when it first appears.
By Scott at Team Harco
maddog2020 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:17 pm nope the 911 cradle won't work.
It was a long shot.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]