8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By grepin
I feel like its obvious however I am going to ask. Should I upgrade to an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator do you need to remove both my regulators. I sort of dont know why it had two and how they work together anyway.

Why I ask is when I look at the replacement variant for my car on 928 Motorsports web page it is an in line replacement. What do you do with the other one leave it there or buy two adjustable ones.

I dont really plan at this stage to go aftermarket however I have always wondered.

Thanks

Greg
By SeanR
I've removed a number of the adjustable ones and tossed the stock replacements on. No guessing, no adjusting etc. The aftermarket non adjustable ones are what I'm using now for the 86+ cars, have not had to try any for the earlier cars yet so couldn't even say if they are available.
By grepin
Thanks Sean.

I am with you. I would be happy with just staying stock. Unfortunately 928Rus doesnt have any after market ones maybe Autum. Precision dont answer my emails. He has the billet versions as you know. Do you have any guides on running aftermarket, if I have to, with regards to removing the two regs.

Thanks
By SeanR
grepin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:16 pm Thanks Sean.

I am with you. I would be happy with just staying stock. Unfortunately 928Rus doesnt have any after market ones maybe Autum. Precision dont answer my emails. He has the billet versions as you know. Do you have any guides on running aftermarket, if I have to, with regards to removing the two regs.

Thanks
Keep trying Greg if Rog doesn't have them. That's the only advice I can give.
By worf
grepin wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:16 pm Precision dont answer my emails.
Are you emailing Mary? Or Greg? Do the former, not the latter for best results.

Email Mary with your desired order:

[email protected]

Then call and point Mary at your email or at least leave a message letting her know what you want and that you sent email.

As an aside, right now the entire world seems to need micromanagement: email, leave a message, follow-up, etc.

I spend way, way more time than I'd like to doing the above with everybody.

It goes all the way up the chain to the warehouse in Germany too.
By Crumpler
Greg, if you are running 24 pounders you could probably use the 86 regulator. Which is 3.2 bar, I think.
I purchased one from Roger maybe four months ago, so unless something changed they are out there?

I don’t think the 86 dampers are obtainable, but I could be wrong about that too. Sorry, I hope that helps.
By Gary Knox
Seems Precision in Anaheim may be inaccessible for a while. Comment noted elsewhere today that the proprietor et al are stranded in Northern CA with Covid and shop is closed.
By worf
Greg and Co are making whatever bed they’re going to have to lay in.
By grepin
Yeah I was just hitting up Roger to ask if they are ok with a 24lb injector upgrade. As I have to have things sent to Australia its ideal I can get everything from one spot. Roger has the fuel rail adapters and these but no injectors. I think I had already emailed you regards the adapters for the fuel rail of which you didn't. Let me know if you can. Anyone that can stick it all in one box and send it to me I am happy to go with. By the way a recommendation for the fuel injector has been these. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-150824

I know GregB has everything and it would be easy but it is what it is.
By grepin
SeanR wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:49 pm I've removed a number of the adjustable ones and tossed the stock replacements on. No guessing, no adjusting etc. The aftermarket non adjustable ones are what I'm using now for the 86+ cars, have not had to try any for the earlier cars yet so couldn't even say if they are available.
Hi Sean. So you are using these ones. Do you know what bar they are or if suitable for 24lb injectors. Im guessing if your using them in 86 cars they are around 3 bar or am I wrong.
https://928srus.com/products/copy-of-92 ... d970&_ss=r
By grepin
No I havent purchased the Injectors or adapters yet. If I cant come up with something local I might just get the ACCEL ones. With my model I believe most of the injectors like maybe the ones you have need the Pintel cap trimmed. But no big deal. I am also considering what the damper is doing. Crumpler have you changed yours?
Then I also had crazy ideas about going to two dampers and one reg. The damper thing is interesting as the arguments about the aftermarket stuff with bosch plug ins is not suitable for batch fired injection. I get so confused as I think the dampening may be playing a role in the AFR fluctuations.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-150824
These look cool and in Australia.
https://www.efihardware.com/products/23 ... il-adapter
Last edited by grepin on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Crumpler
Hey, several observations, that may or may not help.

I'm still using my original stock dampers.
You mention going to two dampers, and this is where I don't have any experience with the systems outside of MY 85-86.
I have two dampers stock, set in front and behind fuel rail on driver's side (LHS), with the FPR set behind rail on passenger side. So obviously it can be done, I assume without any detriment to a 16v, if the 16v only came with one. The bigger brained pro's here might want to speak on that.

In my previous search, new oem dampers were not obtainable. Could be wrong.

The only aftermarket option I found was through Radium (20-0199-06).
These are available through several racing vendors.
The drawback was it has two specs: 40-70 psi and 40-105 psi, both being slightly high for us but probably still better than what we have in terms of aged out components. The other disadvantage was extra fittings to convert metric to AN.

The injectors I got were through five-0 motorsports, flow rate slightly higher at 25 pounds.
They came matched, flow tested and with dead times. Which I would recommend again.
I like the concept of those adapters you mention, especially if local source for you.
By grepin
There are a few options getting around.

This has a Bosch insert however apparently not the best for batch fire as the bosch inserts designed for sequential.
image.png
Then there is this which the developer says is tuned for batch and volume but I am not allowed to have.
image.png
Then there is this damper for only $95. Why has this not come up in any conversation.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/ ... 61-008-INT

I just dont know what to do. Original is like $600. I am still thinking about just injectors but its sort of frustrating when there is still a 40 year old element in the car that could be causing all sorts of issues.

Then I sort of think about the validity of having an adjustable reg to help with tuning the new injectors however that means needing two hence the idea about going two dampers. But plumbing is an issue and as Sean said adjustable can be more problematic. I wish there was a good way to test if the damper was functioning ok. I know it doesn't leak but it could be rock hard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]