By linderpat
I have had a handful of these S197 version Mustangs, which I think are the best of them all, including the newer ones from 2015 onward. Yes, the newest platform delivers more in performance and handling, much closer to the Euro cars, but they look terrible IMHO. The last of the IRS Mustangs harken back to the great cars of the mid-late 60's. I have tracked both the Mustang and my 997, and they are very different but equally enjoyable track weapons. I have had 5 of these S197's, including the Boss 302 Laguna Seca, which I never should have sold. But the one I have wanted all along fell into my lap yesterday - the first year of the modern Shelby, a 2007 GT500. What an excellent car.

I plan to drive the snot out of it.
Airkuhl, N_Jay, SeanR and 3 others liked this
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:47 am I have had a handful of these S197 version Mustangs, which I think are the best of them all, including the newer ones from 2015 onward. Yes, the newest platform delivers more in performance and handling, much closer to the Euro cars, but they look terrible IMHO. The last of the IRS Mustangs harken back to the great cars of the mid-late 60's. I have tracked both the Mustang and my 997, and they are very different but equally enjoyable track weapons. I have had 5 of these S197's, including the Boss 302 Laguna Seca, which I never should have sold. But the one I have wanted all along fell into my lap yesterday - the first year of the modern Shelby, a 2007 GT500. What an excellent car.

I plan to drive the snot out of it.
We need some video and sound bites!
By 911Königin
Absolutely LOVE it :eyepop:
By linderpat
Will do Fernando, but gotta wait 'till spring. :rockon:
By linderpat
:hiding:

This week is PVGP so next week, or better yet, at the end on the month when I do HPDE with it :rockon:
By Cuda911
Wow! Excellent!!!!
By linderpat
okay, some pictures. These are from the last HPDE of the season, at Pitt Race weekend before last. Car does very well. I have it dialed in nicely. I run in the advanced group, so it is all out running, to the edge. I need a dedicated track car (slippery slope :hiding: )
fpena944 liked this
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:26 pm okay, some pictures. These are from the last HPDE of the season, at Pitt Race weekend before last. Car does very well. I have it dialed in nicely. I run in the advanced group, so it is all out running, to the edge. I need a dedicated track car (slippery slope :hiding: )
So what are your impressions of it as a track car?

I've seen them hold their own at events before but just wasn't sure if they were a struggle to keep on point or if suspension mods really open up a new world for them.
By linderpat
Hey Fernando - I like it a lot on the track. It does very well with the suspension mods. It really holds its own in the esses. I ran hard with my buddy, he in his 06 997 C2S, and we were neck and neck the whole time. We have open passing too, which is a lot of fun (advance group only though). I have tracked other S197 vintage Mustangs before (S197 is the version made between 2005 - 2014). It's a very good platform once you set it up right. The GT500 takes it to another level, because of the high horsepower. I will say that you really do need to pay attention though - with that solid rear axle and very heavy front end, you can quickly have a problem. It is a much different drive than from my former 05 997. But that's the fun of it. Like an old 911, it takes all of your focus to push it hard.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]