8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
I have 2 warning triangles, both made by gebra, one has thin round legs and the other has more substantial versions.
anybody know if either are original 928 items?
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By h2pmr
could anybody confirm which, if either would have been in the back of an S4 as it drove out of the showroom back in the 80's/ 90's ?
cheers
Phil
By N_Jay
I have a couple from 2000/2001 A6.
I can take a picture tomorrow.
By worf
SeanR wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:28 pm I've never seen them in US cars so wouldn't know what to look for.
Yeah. Not required in US so not equipped. Required in Germany (Europe-wide?) therefore standard equipment.
By h2pmr
worf wrote:
SeanR wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:28 pm I've never seen them in US cars so wouldn't know what to look for.
Yeah. Not required in US so not equipped. Required in Germany (Europe-wide?) therefore standard equipment.
Ah i didn't know that, you learn something new every day.
cheers
Phil
By N_Jay
US A6 from the early 2000 had them.
20220619_090430.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
h2pmr wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:30 am
worf wrote:
When we did Euro Delivery in ‘15 we got the required stuff handed to us: warning triangle, hi-vis vest, first-aid kit.

We were told that we could keep them but would need to pack them in luggage and not leave them in the car.

We have had many new VAG products since 1988. None of them bought new, here, ever had the ‘safety’ items.

From a few years of life lived in Germany I know that they are mandatory there.
By N_Jay
worf wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:03 pm
h2pmr wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:30 am
worf wrote:
When we did Euro Delivery in ‘15 we got the required stuff handed to us: warning triangle, hi-vis vest, first-aid kit.

We were told that we could keep them but would need to pack them in luggage and not leave them in the car.

We have had many new VAG products since 1988. None of them bought new, here, ever had the ‘safety’ items.

From a few years of life lived in Germany I know that they are mandatory there.
Weird, as both Audis 2000 and 2001 had triangles and first aid kits.
Both MBs 2007 and 2008 have first aid kits but not triangles.

I have added vests to all my cars.
By worf
N_Jay wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:20 pm Weird, as both Audis 2000 and 2001 had triangles and first aid kits.
We had 2 2000 Audi TTs and a 2001 TT.

Both had first aid kits now that I think harder.

And… CarChick informs me that the warning triangle was in the same pouch as the FA kit

No vest.

Neither ‘88 nor ‘95 VW had any of them. So CarChick says…
By mr928
From my very original 1981 euro
By h2pmr
mr928 wrote:From my very original 1981 euro
thanks Mark, have never seen one like that, so i guess early ones are different again.
that's quite bad corrosion on the legs of it so definitely a euro version.
cheers
Phil
By mr928
i have another one just like it without rust which leads me to believe they are both stock

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]