8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By LTCMontana
By SeanR
Exterior design isn't too awful but that interior really needs more thought put in to it.

Spent the weekend riding/driving in a Cayenne TTS and love that interior so much. It's like what I imagined a 928 would have turned in to.
By linderpat
not a fan. The headlights should do a better job of filling out the holes. This move to having little flashlights in car headlights drives me nuts.
maddog2020 liked this
By worf
yeah, don’t really like it.

The only interesting thing is:

“ From a technical point of view, the 928 from Nardone Automotive relies on the classic V8 engine tuned to deliver 400bhp. Managed by a modern engine control unit and paired to a modern 6-speed manual with a limited-slip differential. Finally, the chassis setup utilizes a redesigned front and rear axle and spindle, actively controlled electronic suspension, enlarged brakes and adaptive electric power steering.”
By h2pmr
front end looks good, rear end looks :barf:
By maddog2020
linderpat wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:22 pm not a fan. The headlights should do a better job of filling out the holes. This move to having little flashlights in car headlights drives me nuts.
I agree. Looks like a design student tried to add as many different design queues as they could, to try and "re-imagine" the 928. What they created is a gender confused woke, hot mess of a car. The text about the drivetrain and suspension sounds good but who knows because they didn't show any of it.
By XR4Tim
There are things that I like about it. But I would prefer an original 928 interior to that.
By Herr-Kuhn
Other than for having the ability to fit a very large intercooler, the nose design is all wrong. Too much angularity in the rear quarters, but the fronts look decent. The interior is very clean, but not that impressed by the removal of the pod. I'm very curious to see what the driveline is in the car. They say 6-speed manual, so I wonder who has put together that package. An ECU change alone won't get you to 400 HP. Maybe they should consult with me about how to get some real power figures out of that thing... :roflmao:

I have contemplated doing an all-out car like this, but I'd stay all metal on the body. Be interesting to take some wood bucks, and some metal working equipment and pull something together. It will be interesting to see if this car sells at that price point. The Singer cars are neat, but way overdone, overpriced and under powered in my opinion. But it doesn't apparently matter because they are selling and have a waiting list. Myself I'd rather have a perfect stock later 930 turbo than a Singer 911. I don't see this 928 selling all that well simply because it isn't a 911. On the flip side, projects like this may stand to bring 928 prices even higher.

Agreed on the headlights...this move to all tiny lights everywhere is getting old. I absolutely hate the lights on the front of the Singers. The old Hellas look hella better!
By Herr-Kuhn
Not to get too cheeky here about things, but is this build the definition of "Risky Business"? All joking aside, I do hope they build many of these cars...I'd love to boost one up. I'm under the impression the images are of an actual car...who feels I am wrong here and that these are renderings?
By worf
Herr-Kuhn wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:03 am I'm under the impression the images are of an actual car...who feels I am wrong here and that these are renderings?
To me it looks like a plastic model. But, I’m not willing to bet even a dime that it isn’t real.

There’s not a single thing I like about the ‘design.’

The only interesting things - to me - are the details of the mechanicals. My bet is that the 400 hp is due to COP and an aftermarket ECU.

The 6-speed… probably the last set of Carl parts … LoL.
Last edited by worf on Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By XR4Tim
You guys didn't like the old Strosek lights? :lol2:
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Herr-Kuhn
On the transaxle, there are companies making units that can be made to fit. Drenth has one that fits C5 Vette and they make that box with and without the differential. I always thought taking the diff off of an automatic 4G MB box and grafting that to a modern tranny might make a lot of sense.

https://www.drenth-gearboxes.com/produc ... 6-gearbox/
By Herr-Kuhn
I did notice on their write-up somewhere that it states that you can have a 5-speed or 6-speed and it made it sound like they were working over the inner workings of the gearbox to achieve this. After having gone through a few boxes, I just don't see where they would be able to do that with any sort of cost effectiveness at all. Adding a "6th" gear in that case size would be a massive undertaking and would further weaken the box since the gear face widths would have to be further reduced.

I think I'm now of the opinion that these images are renderings and they're feeling people out on the price point and styling of the car before they move forward. I do hope it doesn't end up like the Blackberry Titan 5G that got pulled at the last minute. It will be great to see the 928 get some real respect with a project like this.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]