By NCporsche
https://www.infowars.com/posts/speed-li ... ext-month/

On July 6, all new vehicles sold in Europe – including the UK – will be equipped with a speeder limiter as per new legal requirements to boost road safety.

The new speed limit assist system “will become mandatory on new cars in 2022 uses a forward-facing camera mounted on the car and the vehicle’s satellite navigation system to identify the speed limit and, if the car is exceeding it, to restrict the fuel flowing to the engine until the vehicle is at the limit speed,” British automobile magazine Autocar said.

The rules aren’t retroactive, so older vehicles will still be able to go above the speed limit. It may be near impossible to fit the technology on cars built decades ago.

On the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, the Biden administration has signed a new law requiring automakers to equip new cars beginning in 2026 with government kill switches…

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/biden ... tches-2026
By Cuda911
i am not a traitor wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:05 pm Wow. Disgusting overreach.
Indeed! Seems incredibly dangerous. How do you pass without speeding up? How do you avoid hazards without sometimes having to speed up? How about when your new car is puttering around, but all the older cars are be driving faster? Many, many safety issues I can forsee.
By fpena944
Cuda911 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:39 pm
i am not a traitor wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:05 pm Wow. Disgusting overreach.
Indeed! Seems incredibly dangerous. How do you pass without speeding up? How do you avoid hazards without sometimes having to speed up? How about when your new car is puttering around, but all the older cars are be driving faster? Many, many safety issues I can forsee.
Agreed and it probably won't matter until an SUV full of kids is involved in an accident and kills all occupants.

How completely stupid. If anything we should be working to abolish speed limits and force better driving training and discipline.
By linderpat
Is anyone really surprised by these developments? It is just where the "free" world is headed. So many problems to solve, so little time :barf: (The progressive motto)
By worf
These EU regs have been in the works for well over a year. The system will be user- defeatable - at least in the post-'22 first version.

Reason #53 why we are done with new cars at Worf's place.
lupo.sk liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]