8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By SeanR
Power wise, I started by getting the car to run as it did from the factory.

X-pipe/small resonators/GT muffler.

VCB Supercharger with Sharktuning. The VCB was the cheapest option and Victor needed someone to demo it so he could sell a bunch so I gladly took that opportunity. RWP was 370hp at 5psi. Could go smaller pulley but if I'm going to change it up I'll go Twin Screw or rear mount turbo. Turbo may be the best option considering who I have around me here.
By SeanR
Shifted wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:49 pm I've heard of Victor's setups, but never seen one and have no details on them. I would love to know anything that you feel like sharing. Photos too.

You said considering who you have around you...who do you have around you and how does that affect the turbo vs supercharger decision?
He's not producing them any longer as life got in the way. Rotrex SC.

I have ATS Racing here in Denton and they are known for some seriously high power MR2's and a few Ferrari's. He's currently doing a turbo set up on a customers 928 right now.
By hessank
Alpha-N tuned, so Mafless
Headers, X-Pipe, Flowmaster rear muffler & quad exhaust
Blackbird intake wannabe
Mini hi-torque starter
C5 Z06 Tremec 6 sp
SeanR liked this
By hessank
Shifted wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am ....................Hessank, if there is no MAF, what is it using to determine load or air flow? How did you get the Z06 transmission to match up to the 928? Did you buy a kit or...?
You can read up on alpha-N here: http://www.jdsporsche.com/sharktuner%20alpha.html

There are about 5 of us with this 6 sp mod. Just do a search or PM me.
By SeanR
Shifted wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:45 am Cool. I remember seeing the Alpha-N system when I bought my SharkTuner, but since it didn't apply to me I didn't look at it closely. That's a pretty cool system.

I've seen the 6 speed conversions and am aware of 928 Motorsports kit. If I need a replacement transmission and can't get an OEM one, then the 6 speed conversion looks like a good option. However, I would prefer to do the fabrication myself.
As well you should.
By Polecat702
I have the same VCB setup as Sean. I like it! I'll add the intercooler this winter, as a precaution, for the Las Vegas Desert heat. Been over 110 for the past 6 weeks. Haven't taken my Shark outta the garage since the heat wave started.
By hessank
Shifted wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:45 am...................... However, I would prefer to do the fabrication myself............
Absolutely!

Thanks for getting back to us.

... found that some asshole (probably the one wh[…]

good forum "engine"

was busy typing a response to a question :typin[…]

Gary, Worf, many thanks! I think I must have even […]