8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By linderpat
Okay folks, for those of you who aren't looking at the other sites these days, this year's Rendezvous is in my home town at the PVGP. Rather than redoing all of the details, I am linking to the 3 forums where all of the information is. This is going to be a great event!

Rennlist: https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/1 ... 022-a.html

Pelican - new thread so everything is consolidated in three successive posts: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche- ... st11589984

928OC - also a new thread so everything is consolidated in three successive posts: https://www.928oc.org/forum/event-discu ... prix#22119

Hope to see everyone there!
By worf
Thanks. —^
By linderpat
Time for a few more details.

For those travelling to the PVGP without a shark (or other Porsche), you will not be able to park in the Porsche corral with the other 928's/Porsches. There is patron parking with shuttle busses just outside of the golf course (see the PVGP.org site for details on that).

Big thing to note - if you are not bringing a Porsche and parking on the golf course, you DO NOT have to register for the PVGP through the Allegheny Region PCA (ARPCA) website. You will not be able to just buy a lunch at the Porsche display, but there are plenty of other places around the event on the premises where you can purchase lunch, so no big deal. You certainly can bring your lawn chairs and hang out with everyone who did bring a shark to the event. So, if you are not bringing a car to display, do not spend the dollars to register for the PVGP.

DO however, register for Rendezvous in order to participate in the Saturday evening cookout and get the coin and other swag. I think Scott will have those registration details for us pretty soon.
By worf
My position on PVGP:

All the cool kids a doing it though. Peer pressure…
By linderpat
how far away are you Dave? It is a great car event generally, and will be a fantastic shark event specifically.
By jej3
Hi @linderpat and all those behind this year's Rendezvous! Can I make a suggestion?

Are you able to put all the info at the top of your various community threads - in a first post you continue to edit? I can't even remember my RL password anymore and it would be GREAT to be able to see all the info in one post for Registration, etc..

I know it is challenging but in my experience doing last year's Rendezvous, it cut down ALOT on people not knowing what the latest information is.

Thanks for doing this!!!!
By linderpat
Yes I was thinking about this too. Once we get registration up then I’ll consolidate the info and try to keep it up top. Also, can you pm your phone number? I’d like to talk to you. Thanks!
By XR4Tim
I was invited to the PVGP several years ago, and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it. There was quite a showing, even with rain in the morning. For some reason, I can't find any pictures of the Porsches from that day though.
By jej3
linderpat wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:02 am Yes I was thinking about this too. Once we get registration up then I’ll consolidate the info and try to keep it up top. Also, can you pm your phone number? I’d like to talk to you. Thanks!
DM sent
By JBRob007
Don’t forget the most important part of the swag…. Limited Edition 928 Buckeye Landsharks Bourbon. The label will be PVGP 928 Rendezvous Artwork centric and a very limited run. More details to come! This is gonna be a BLAST!!
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
Registration at ARPCA for the PVGP is now LIVE!!!! (as a few others already discovered ). HERE IS WHERE YOU GO: https://arpca.com/pvgp-2022/

So, some reminders - For those travelling to the PVGP without a shark (or other Porsche), you will not be able to park in the Porsche corral with the other 928's/Porsches. There is patron parking with shuttle busses just outside of the golf course (see the PVGP.org site for details on that). So, big thing to note - if you are not bringing a Porsche, you DO NOT have to register for the PVGP through the Allegheny Region PCA (ARPCA) website. You will not be able to just buy a lunch at the Porsche corral and food tent however, but there are plenty of other places around the event on the premises where you can purchase lunch, so no big deal. You certainly can bring your lawn chairs and hang out with everyone who did bring a shark to the event. So, if you are not bringing a car to display, do not spend the dollars to register for the PVGP.

DO however, register for Rendezvous in order to participate in the Saturday evening cookout and get the coin and other swag. I think Scott will have those registration details for us pretty soon.

As far as the event at Schenley Park goes - there are 2 levels. A premium level at $150/day or $275 for the weekend. It gets you a lot of things and you can read about them on the website. It is apparently limited to the first 250 cars, so if you want this package for one or both days, sign up NOW.

The non-premium package parks beside the premium group, and that is $70/day, either day. That gets you the PVGP program and water. Food is available throughout the grounds at the various vendors. (note - you get 2 lunch bands with a premium registration - so if you are coming alone, think about giving the extra lunch band to someone who signs up for the non-premium package or who isn't bringing a shark)

No matter which package you sign up for, the plan is to have all 928's park together on the lawn, probably in the area between the premium group and non-premium group. Rick (WyattsRide) has this part of the event in his wheel house and can chime in.

On Friday, there is the Countryside tour - the donation for that is $25 per car. It starts and ends at the restaurant where we will have the Friday night get together. Details are on the ARPCA website. NOTE - we may change the location for the Friday night get together to another place - more to follow on that later. We still plan to do the tour as a group, with the rest of the Porsches, for anyone interested.

Saturday night we will have our special Rendezvous gathering at Maxx Restaurant in Warrendale, PA, real close to the hotel (https://maxx-restaurant.business.site/). That will begin at 6 pm and go to whenever. We will have libations and Rendezvous swag. Scott can fill in the details on that. Afterwards, the party will roll back to the hotel parking lot, in the finest 928 tradition! NOTE - I need a rough count to give to Maxx's.

Also, there are a lot of other things going on during car week, which I outlined in the rennlist thread and you can see on the PVGP website. You can visit the PVGP website and register for these other events directly through the PVGP. We will have a special display of a couple of sharks at the Jet Center Party and the Wednesday night Tune Up Party, among other things. The Jet Center Party is a bit pricey - $375. But if you register before May 15, it is $295 per person, and if enough folks get together, a group of 8 or more gets you $275 per ticket before May 15th.

In addition, Joel R is making a special batch of brew - we need a headcount, the sooner the better. Not sure what the charge will be, but it'll be good and it'll be a great piece of Rendezvous history (special label).

As to hotel issues - Rick and I will work on that. We may be out of rooms already (I know well over 30 have reserved so far). More to follow.

So a final thought - REMINDER: DO NOT REGISTER FOR THE LAWN EVENT THROUGH THE PVGP WEBSITE . INSTEAD, REGISTRATION FOR THE PVGP EVENT ON THE LAWN WILL NEED TO GO THROUGH OUR LOCAL PCA CLUB WEBSITE - ARPCA, WHICH IS LIVE NOW. THERE WILL BE SEPARATE REGISTRATION FOR RENDEZVOUS ITSELF (coming soon). There will be two separate registrations, and neither will be through the PVGP website.

SPACE IS LIMITED FOR PORSCHE PREMIUM PACKAGE SO SIGN UP NOW IF YOU WANT THAT.
By Stepson
Ed, Rhonda and I will join you at Maxx Restaurant for the Rendevous fun
By linderpat
As to the Jet Center Party, we will have #1 and the last one, but based on the other special Porsches and then the other special cars to display, there won't be room within the display for more of our cars. However, there will be parking for cool/special/show cars right outside of the immediate display area in front of the hangars, so you can park and be a part of the show that way. Won't need a tux for this party (the Black Tie and Tailpipes party is the Friday evening before - that is the formal party). The Jet Center party is where you pull out those avant garde things you don't get to wear often, or just plain old dress casual. Also, probably start a new thread for the Jet Center Party on rennlist- those going should pool resources and take advantage of the significant discount for the group buy - $100 off per ticket if 8 or more buy as a group, and do so by May 15th. $80 off per ticket without the group buy, if you buy before May 15th.

Speaking of discounts - for those bringing more than 1 car and registering through the Club for spots on the lawn, the second car is $60 each day, so long as you are still having only one or two people. I was able to secure this discount for the Schenley Park show, because a couple of you are trailering in more than 1 car. NOTE - if you have 2 people driving one car and a 3d (or more) joining and driving the second car, the multi car discount will not apply. Reach out to me directly if you do this. PM me for my email address if you don't have it.
By ChrisZ
Hm. This is right after my trip to Florida and I could probably squeeze in an overnight. What would be the best day to come and see everyone?

Also on a side note is SITM happening this year?
By linderpat
come up Friday night and stay for the day Saturday. That's the biggest day. Hard to fit everything into one day though. You'll see. The PVGP is a rather big event.
By JBRob007
Ed, Already had hotel reservations Thur - Sat and I just registered for PVGP through your PCA club. Got the Weekend (Fri / Sat) Package & the Friday fun run ($300 total). Guess I'll eat TWO lunches each day ;) Although the 928 BLS club will be giving me crap for a year, I'll be bringing the 2000 996 Cab instead of the 81 928 Euro. I can't show up at a "Car Show" with a polished turd while leaving a gorgeous 996 in the garage. The Cab is real-purty, damn near perfect actually, and once the Speedlines are refurbished it will be car show worthy :) Besides, you'll have plenty of 928s to write about! So no matter what I drive, I'll be looking forward to this great event! Hopefully, you'll still let me hangout with the cool guys!
By linderpat
No worries Joel. Glad you are registered. also, think about sharing the extra lunch bands with one of the guys that signed up for the general admission rather than the premium. Even though all of the 928's will be parking together, the premium guys (at $150/ day or $275 for Sat/Sun) get 2 lunch bands, and the "general admission" guys (flat $70 per day) get none. Some of the Rendezvous folks will be registering under the general admission to save money.
By linderpat
OK Folks - it's June 1st - time is running out - if you are bringing a shark and you have not registered to be on the lawn at Schenley Park yet, do so now! Likewise, register for the Friday driving countryside tour. Don't forget the Jet Center Party, where there will be a special display of #1 and the last one. I will also have a VIP spot where the other sharks will be gathered and displayed front and center in the immediate perimeter of the main display. There are a ton of other things to register for too.

See above posts for registration details!
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By linderpat
It's confirmed - Maxx's it is for Saturday night dinner/drinks/get together. Whew what a process to secure a place that'll have us all without prepaying. We are 53 cars strong registered as of today! Great showing. Likely have close to 100 people in attendance.

Maxx's would like to get an idea of what folks want to eat, so that they have enough food for us. Their menu is below. Please shoot me an email with your preference (linderpat1 at gmail.com). You are not bound to it, because this is not a reservation. Just giving them a rough idea.

DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION either, they will have a special menu for us, based upon what folks want to have off their main menu. They'll have an area set up for us.

We will plan to gather at about 6 pm Saturday evening. Most folks will start to roll out of the golf course around 4 pm or so, head back to the hotel to shower, freshen up, then head to Maxx's. Maxx's is close to the hotel. Here's the address:
400 Warrendale Village Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086.

Here's the menu:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By linderpat
We are one of the significant items at this year's PVGP - the official write up and what will also be featured in the program (you'll all get a program): https://pvgp.org/porsche-928-rendezvous ... NDZmEKear4
XR4Tim liked this
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]