By fpena944
With the new GT4 RS being introduced I got to thinking about what GT cars do best - play on the track.

But with GT4s going for $120K+ and GT3s listing at $180k+ but sometimes doubling based on the model, how many of these do you all believe are actually going to end up being tracked?

I know if you've got a healthy budget then anything goes but it almost seems like the Porsche vehicles best suited for track duty may never see a track just because of their worth.

What are you all seeing or think? To me it feels like a used street model is probably the best suited for track duty when on a "normal" budget.
By milrad
I drive my 981 GT4 almost exclusively at the track. Just bought some new Forgelines and Hoosier R7s for it. I have a little garage stall there and that is where it lives unless I need to do maintenance on it.

I run with a guy there that has a 718 GT4. He has a half cage and track seats/belts in his. He just copied my wheel and tire package lol. He drives his hard too.

That said, while I do see a lot of newer GT3s on the track, I pass a lot of GT3s. So while they go on the track, most don't seem to get driven very hard. Can't say I blame them. That's a lot of $$ to go skittering around the TX scrub brush if/when you go off.
By TRAKCAR
I do, the prices are insane. I had sleepless nights buying an RS in 2010 for $132,500K, I just paid $160K for a GT4 to be picked up in June in Zuffenhausen.

Also have a Corvette Z06 coming one day, it probably ends in tears with break downs at Sebring, but if not, its a cheaper alternative among new cars with warranty.

in 2020 I sold my '16RS with 40K miles and my '19Rs with 20K miles, on both cars about 75% was track time.
The '16 broke a coolant pipe once, the '19 needed a new gearbox that was leaky from new but otherwise 100% solid.

I expect the same in the GT4, its even lighter but also slower, so the same brakes should get a little more life out of the pads..

Also bought a Cayenne GTS of the showroom floor for more then my first RS, ordered the GT4, a Macan GTS for 100K and ordered a Cayenne GT for $200K, all 3 Euro delivery, all to drive as much as possible and I'll take all of them to the Ring, but once home only the GT4 goes to the track, unless I manage to trade it for a GT3 or GT4RS allocation o do it again.

Its insane, but remember $300 is the new $100.

from 2008:
2007 GT3
2010 RS, another 2010RS then a 2011 4.0
1993 964 RSA
2016 RS
2019 RS
All heavily tracked and I still managed to drive depreciation free. Until I sold the 2016 and 2019 RS in 2020 at the lowest point.

Maybe I can trade in all the 2022 cars for even money when they come back to the dealer for other new cars, or maybe the bottom falls out soon?
Either way I think the days of driving depreciation free or make money on used cars will come to and end this year.

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Pors[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]

Rear Brake line Seized

Hi Guys, I want to change the soft lines for the […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]