General discussions related to cars and driving
By fpena944
Ran across this video while YouTube browsing and although long, wow what a good one to watch.

The focus is on the Lambo but in reality it also gives a detailed history of the Cannonball Run and how instrumental Brock Yates was in organizing the event.

It was a really interesting look back in history and I could imagine how awful those 55 MPH limits must have been. Glad someone like Yates was doing all he can to fight the limits and put up such a legendary event.

Worth watching even if just for the sounds the Lambo makes!

User2, XR4Tim liked this
By XR4Tim
I enjoyed it. It seemed like it was 1/3 about the history of the actual cannonball event, 1/3 about the movie, and 1/3 about the Countach. I know a couple of cannonballers, and have seen many of the record-setting cars. They were right that a Countach would have made a horrible cannonball car in real life, but it did make for good footage for the movie!
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:56 am I enjoyed it. It seemed like it was 1/3 about the history of the actual cannonball event, 1/3 about the movie, and 1/3 about the Countach. I know a couple of cannonballers, and have seen many of the record-setting cars. They were right that a Countach would have made a horrible cannonball car in real life, but it did make for good footage for the movie!
That's also what I liked about it as it sort of had a little bit of everything packed into that hour.

Overall I've been told the Countach is a horrible car - but iconic and still probably worth the punishment it puts the driver through!
XR4Tim liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]