8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By hessank
Any alternatives to this?
Otherwise I have to wait for 3 weeks from Germany. Shipping from the US via USPS is crazy.
Still waiting for a used headlight switch for 35 days now.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
hessank wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:28 pm Any alternatives to this?
Otherwise I have to wait for 3 weeks from Germany. Shipping from the US via USPS is crazy.
Still waiting for a used headlight switch for 35 days now.
I've got a new one of those in (should be in) a box that arrived today after, yes, a multi-week wait. First time in 20 years that I've ever needed one.

It appears that that grommet both seals and retains the washer pump. It would appear that while yours is cracked the sealing portion may still function and the retention functionality shouldn't be compromised.

Do you know that it leaks? Or do you just want to have one that isn't broken?
By hessank
Yes, it drips.
I've gone ahead and ordered one. 3 week wait.

I've also found my break in the brake pad circuit. Luckily at the same passenger wheel that was out.
Maybe I should go buy a lottery. Such luck does't happen that often with this car; a true labor of love.
By worf
hessank wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:08 pm Yes, it drips.
I've gone ahead and ordered one. 3 week wait.
You could always experiment with an o-ring between the grommet and tank if the broken grommet holds the pump. Removing the tank is only fun if the entire front suspension is on the ground in pieces. I hate doing stuff twice. So if the correct part is available I'll almost always go that route.
I've also found my break in the brake pad circuit. Luckily at the same passenger wheel that was out.
Maybe I should go buy a lottery. Such luck does't happen that often with this car; a true labor of love.
Luck happens.

They sure do look great, resale has been poor on t[…]

I just paid for a 2018 panamera 4s e-hybrid in gt […]

Funny Reply from Ebay seller

Here we go............. https://i.gyazo.com/c33[…]

Guess the Job

Thanks for the link, looks like a great product. […]