8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
all from 87+ model year, found in a spare box of parts i have.
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Addlight
4. Those look like shims, but not sure for what. See if there is anything obvious the holes line up with, such as the hinges for the hood.
By h2pmr
thanks Sean, in the same box were the parts below, are they also from a sunroof?

the 3 spacers/shims are steel and are 1.7mm thick, so not bendable, if that helps anybody.

cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Addlight
Those are the sunroof guides, driver and passenger side. Pins on the guides on the cable ends slot into the grooves and as the sunroof opens and closes, the pin slides in the guide to raise or lower the roof to/from roof level. It's part 14 in the diagram.
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 1.10.02 PM.png
By h2pmr
Addlight wrote:Those are the sunroof guides, driver and passenger side. Pins on the guides on the cable ends slot into the grooves and as the sunroof opens and closes, the pin slides in the guide to raise or lower the roof to/from roof level. It's part 14 in the diagram.
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 1.10.02 PM.png
perfect, thanks very much, will stick them on ebay as mine don't have sunroof's
cheers
Phil
By Gary Knox
The shims 'might' be for hood adjustment. Check the distance between bolts on those hinges that fasten to the hood and to the fender.

Correction below by Phil indicates I erred. Not the first time, and I can assure all it won't be the last!!! Good catch Phil.
Last edited by Gary Knox on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
By h2pmr
Gary Knox wrote:The shims 'might' be for hood adjustment. Check the distance between bolts on those hinges that fasten to the hood and to the fender.
pictured are the adjustment shims for the hood hinge.

the hole size in my strips of metal are 6mm, for a 10mm spanner size bolt head.

will keep looking through a PET to see if i spot something that looks like it.

cheers
Phil
By h2pmr
the black strips of metal, last picture on my first post are what Porsche call "desk pads" 92851227700, to shim the rear spoiler 87-95.
cheers
Phil
By SeanR
h2pmr wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:32 am the black strips of metal, last picture on my first post are what Porsche call "desk pads" 92851227700, to shim the rear spoiler 87-95.
cheers
Phil
Nope, the ones for the wing are notched to fit the contours of the hatch underneath.
By h2pmr
:bigcry: , as my school report said, must try harder...
By h2pmr
stripping this red S4 and actually found what these are:
PET page 105-06, used to give extra strength to the 4 mounting bolts of the air flap housing, but just not shown on PET
sad the things that can stick in the mind
plates.jpg
worf liked this
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]