By fpena944
With the new GT4 RS being introduced I got to thinking about what GT cars do best - play on the track.

But with GT4s going for $120K+ and GT3s listing at $180k+ but sometimes doubling based on the model, how many of these do you all believe are actually going to end up being tracked?

I know if you've got a healthy budget then anything goes but it almost seems like the Porsche vehicles best suited for track duty may never see a track just because of their worth.

What are you all seeing or think? To me it feels like a used street model is probably the best suited for track duty when on a "normal" budget.
By milrad
I drive my 981 GT4 almost exclusively at the track. Just bought some new Forgelines and Hoosier R7s for it. I have a little garage stall there and that is where it lives unless I need to do maintenance on it.

I run with a guy there that has a 718 GT4. He has a half cage and track seats/belts in his. He just copied my wheel and tire package lol. He drives his hard too.

That said, while I do see a lot of newer GT3s on the track, I pass a lot of GT3s. So while they go on the track, most don't seem to get driven very hard. Can't say I blame them. That's a lot of $$ to go skittering around the TX scrub brush if/when you go off.
By TRAKCAR
I do, the prices are insane. I had sleepless nights buying an RS in 2010 for $132,500K, I just paid $160K for a GT4 to be picked up in June in Zuffenhausen.

Also have a Corvette Z06 coming one day, it probably ends in tears with break downs at Sebring, but if not, its a cheaper alternative among new cars with warranty.

in 2020 I sold my '16RS with 40K miles and my '19Rs with 20K miles, on both cars about 75% was track time.
The '16 broke a coolant pipe once, the '19 needed a new gearbox that was leaky from new but otherwise 100% solid.

I expect the same in the GT4, its even lighter but also slower, so the same brakes should get a little more life out of the pads..

Also bought a Cayenne GTS of the showroom floor for more then my first RS, ordered the GT4, a Macan GTS for 100K and ordered a Cayenne GT for $200K, all 3 Euro delivery, all to drive as much as possible and I'll take all of them to the Ring, but once home only the GT4 goes to the track, unless I manage to trade it for a GT3 or GT4RS allocation o do it again.

Its insane, but remember $300 is the new $100.

from 2008:
2007 GT3
2010 RS, another 2010RS then a 2011 4.0
1993 964 RSA
2016 RS
2019 RS
All heavily tracked and I still managed to drive depreciation free. Until I sold the 2016 and 2019 RS in 2020 at the lowest point.

Maybe I can trade in all the 2022 cars for even money when they come back to the dealer for other new cars, or maybe the bottom falls out soon?
Either way I think the days of driving depreciation free or make money on used cars will come to and end this year.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]