By Streck-Fu
Why?

This is totally irrational but I find myself a little fascinated with these lately. Gas prices are going up and questionable long term reliability is a thing but I am find myself checking out locally for sale GLs for some reason.

I think this is a non-starter becasue I don't own an Addidas track suit and an AK47 but I am still drawn to the GL trucks for some reason.

Or is it the Vodka talking?
By N_Jay
Streck-Fu wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:14 am Why?

This is totally irrational but I find myself a little fascinated with these lately. Gas prices are going up and questionable long term reliability is a thing but I am find myself checking out locally for sale GLs for some reason.

I think this is a non-starter becasue I don't own an Addidas track suit and an AK47 but I am still drawn to the GL trucks for some reason.

Or is it the Vodka talking?
Get a Diesel and make it a work truck.
I love my GL320.
Streck-Fu liked this
By Airkuhl
Friend of mine has a GL550. They just added a Yukon Denali and prefer it.
By Streck-Fu
Airkuhl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:31 am Friend of mine has a GL550. They just added a Yukon Denali and prefer it.

Why is that?
By Airkuhl
Streck-Fu wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:38 am
Airkuhl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:31 am Friend of mine has a GL550. They just added a Yukon Denali and prefer it.

Why is that?
Better ride, easier to park (better turning circle+parking gizmos), roomier interior with more features, carries more stuff.

I think some of it was new car vs. 7 year old car. I haven't driven it but I rode in it several times, gotta say it's a pretty nice package overall.
By N_Jay
Airkuhl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:45 pm

Why is that?
Better ride, easier to park (better turning circle+parking gizmos), roomier interior with more features, carries more stuff.

I think some of it was new car vs. 7 year old car. I haven't driven it but I rode in it several times, gotta say it's a pretty nice package overall.
Hard to believe a better turning circle, as the GL turns tight for a car its size.
By Airkuhl
N_Jay wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Why is that?

Hard to believe a better turning circle, as the GL turns tight for a car its size.
Yukon 39 vs GL 41
By N_Jay
Airkuhl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Yukon 39 vs GL 41
GL320 39.7
By Airkuhl
N_Jay wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:42 pm
Airkuhl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Yukon 39 vs GL 41
GL320 39.7
She has a 550.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Chaos
Triple check maintenance ratings, scared me off.
By SeanR
Soon to be ex-in-laws bought a GL something and the MIL hated it. That was when I bought the Range Rover from them. In less than a year they traded it in on a new RR and they still have it 5 years later. The FIL traded his RR for a new Tahoe and that thing is awesome in every way except it’s a GM product. Thing was $90k and has all the bells and whistles you’d expect from that price point. He likes it over all the other cars they have owned.

Before I left the house I got to drive the new GLA and honestly, while nice, just wasn’t what I expected from a new Mercedes. I enjoyed the CLK much more and it was 16 years old and didnt have all the tech the new one has.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]