8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By jschiller
Not trying to start a food fight over here but I sometimes check into The Other Place for technical problems and have noticed his posting has significantly dropped off. No tech replies, not even any sniping at other vendors (not that I miss *that*). Anyone else noticed?
By worf
I only check in on TOS 928 forum a couple times per week.
By linderpat
yes, maybe he got the message that he was going too far, alienating even his most strident supporters. He has lots to offer, I hate it when he gets cringeworthy though.
By jschiller
^^GOOD ONE!!^^
By Crumpler
Just had to sound off on a certain thread on the other channel in which while reading made me chortle. “He’s busy posting about not posting.”
Geza-aka-Zombo, milrad liked this
By maddog2020
he did get a 1 week vacation for his series of attacks on the tool thread (kinda ironic) as he threatened to sue everyone including IB for damaging his good name. That man is destroying his son's legacy one post at a time. He is a little kinder after his latest "vacation" but give him time, he will revert back to the old guy we know and uh... just know. he may know a lot about these cars but he is not the messiah he claims to be. There are dozens' like him that stay in their shops and make a good living without ruining their own good name. Not all of his products are as tested as he proclaims either.

Personally I thought the other site was a better place while he was on vacation, and others that I've spoken to agreed.

He needs to keep his promise and quit posting. (especially stop posting about stop posting) He exhibits a lot of mental health issues. Bi-polar, Schizophrenia, and possibly Alzheimer's I feel bad for the guy but he is a spectacular example of an internet bully.
Last edited by maddog2020 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Stepson
Please tell me that he is not coming over here, too. I cannot tolerate the holier than thou attitude he exudes.

I sent him the A/C head unit from my GTS for repair and it took me a year and half (yes, 1 1/2 years)to get it back. He never answered any of my calls, nor provided any updates or excuses. At the time, he was selling his stuff through Roger, and Roger interceded on my behalf and finally I got the head unit back repaired.

I can only imagine what an ass-whipping that was for Roger having to deal with GB, but I appreciated his help.
maddog2020, milrad liked this
By jej3
maddog2020 wrote:Personally I thought the other site was a better place while he was on vacation, and others that I've spoken to agreed.
Amen to all of what you said but especially the tolerability of the other place while he was on vacation. There will always be plenty of customers for his shop but honestly, I don't personally care to source any of his "products" ever again. There are just too many other quality sources for information and parts... THANKFULLY!

He is DEFINITELY not the P-Car messiah. Anyone who does the same thing for 50 years SHOULD have a great body of knowledge but that knowledge doesn't make them GREAT when they deliver it the way he does.
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By maddog2020
jej3 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:17 am
maddog2020 wrote:Personally I thought the other site was a better place while he was on vacation, and others that I've spoken to agreed.
Amen to all of what you said but especially the tolerability of the other place while he was on vacation. There will always be plenty of customers for his shop but honestly, I don't personally care to source any of his "products" ever again. There are just too many other quality sources for information and parts... THANKFULLY!

He is DEFINITELY not the P-Car messiah. Anyone who does the same thing for 50 years SHOULD have a great body of knowledge but that knowledge doesn't make them GREAT when they deliver it the way he does.
don't get me started about how his untested clutch roasted my motor as well as others. why did it take 3 + years for him to post a pic of a clutch disc with 5K miles? because it wasn't tested, and he sold in low volume and roasted peoples motors. He sold these clutches as tested and verified. One of them left a guy 1200 miles from home when it failed because of his shoddy instructions. That same guy had the starter ring pop off the flywheel one day when trying to start it because the rings were pressed on and not tacked to keep them from spinning or coming off.

The best part was when he cut off my support because he was pissed at Roger. no big deal I thought. I'll just call Tilton. Nope. Tilton wouldn't provide support because he wasn't an authorized Tilton dealer. I provided them with the serial number on the pressure plate an the hydraulic release bearing along with his installation instructions.... They said they will make sure he never becomes a dealer, and they also contacted the dealer he bought them thru to let them know if they sold to him anymore they would loose their dealer status.
Last edited by maddog2020 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By maddog2020
Stepson wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:05 am Please tell me that he is not coming over here, too. I cannot tolerate the holier than thou attitude he exudes.

I sent him the A/C head unit from my GTS for repair and it took me a year and half (yes, 1 1/2 years)to get it back. He never answered any of my calls, nor provided any updates or excuses. At the time, he was selling his stuff through Roger, and Roger interceded on my behalf and finally I got the head unit back repaired.

I can only imagine what an ass-whipping that was for Roger having to deal with GB, but I appreciated his help.
I forwarded a link to this thread with some additional data points to our leader.
fpena944 liked this
By Crumpler
psychoanalysis would definitely support narcissistic personality disorder, and I’ve had no training;)

But also insecure. The way he must build himself up and tear others down.

Maybe paranoid schizophrenia. I don’t know exactly what that looks like, but certainly he is convinced people are united in wanting to steal from him.

Meh. I’m going with the concept that you get exactly what you deserve.

He would never come over here. Didn’t he call us serpents, lol.
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]