By Airkuhl
(Dino was not a Ferrari)

819bhp turbo-hybrid 120 degree V6
01_296_GTB_34_ant.jpg
03_296_GTB_34_alto.jpg
01_296_GTB_Engine_alto.jpg

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first- ... ri-296-gtb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
Airkuhl wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:41 am (Dino was not a Ferrari)

819bhp turbo-hybrid 120 degree V6

01_296_GTB_34_ant.jpg
03_296_GTB_34_alto.jpg
01_296_GTB_Engine_alto.jpg

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first- ... ri-296-gtb
Lot of risks being taken by the brand with this one. I guess we'll see if it sounds as good as other Ferraris and if the weight of the batteries negatively impacts handling and the feel behind the wheel.

It does look good but has hints of the new Corvette with some angles.

Can't wait to see one in real life though!
By Airkuhl
fpena944 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:26 pm Lot of risks being taken by the brand with this one. I guess we'll see if it sounds as good as other Ferraris and if the weight of the batteries negatively impacts handling and the feel behind the wheel.
They quote 3200 lbs so it's only about 36 lbs more than a GT3, but with a huge 317 bhp more. The battery is under the floor which lowers the overall cg as well.

It seems to sound pretty good too, especially for a twin turbo. The recording on this video is bad but it gives you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTuzpVgopcs
Last edited by Airkuhl on Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fpena944
Airkuhl wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:50 am
fpena944 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:26 pm Lot of risks being taken by the brand with this one. I guess we'll see if it sounds as good as other Ferraris and if the weight of the batteries negatively impacts handling and the feel behind the wheel.
They quote 3200 lbs so it's only about 36 lbs more than a GT3, but with a huge 317 bhp more. The battery is under the floor which lowers the overall cg as well.

It seems to sound pretty good too, especially for a twin turbo. They recording on this video is bad but it gives you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTuzpVgopcs
I think I can be convinced :biggrin:
By User2
Lots of cool tech in there & I appreciate Ferrari's shift towards more elegant styling (other than the floating a-pillar which looks goofy to my eye). Does this replace the 488/f8 or will there be a midengine V8 model in the future?
milrad liked this
By SeanR
Way back when at my fathers shop, he had a customer with a nice maroon Dino. Loved that car and it's worth a mint right now. This new one looks fantastic, sounds fantastic and by all reports is a hell of a drivers car. Hope to see one in person.
By fast_freddy
That rear 1/4 panel needs more of a "fair curve". The transitions between the wheel arch and the tail of the car are far too abrupt. Is this thing a successor to the 308/328?
By sh944
To me, that’s what GM should have done with the C8, styling wise. It almost looks more corvette than prancing pony. However, I think it’s a very sharp looking car and can’t wait to see one in person.
By fpena944
Now that I've had a second look at it, I also see influence from the latest Ford GT in there too.
By worf
It’s got too much Alfa 4C in it.

And about the weight: Remember, Italians lie.

Remember the La Ferrari and what happen to those that attempted to publish weight from their own scales?

3200 pounds? :lol2:
By amdavid
Not a huge fan.....it barely looks like an Fcar....especially from the rear. I appreciate the tech and it may just take some warming up....hard to knock a Ferarri.
By ny991
I saw a quick article about this on Auto Mondial last week. It looked better on TV than it does in these pictures, it really caught my eye. They had just taken a ride in it, and not given it a full test, but their initial impressions were good as I remember.
By Airkuhl
fast_freddy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:30 pm That rear 1/4 panel needs more of a "fair curve". The transitions between the wheel arch and the tail of the car are far too abrupt. Is this thing a successor to the 308/328?
Bit of a necro-thread here but this is an interesting video where the former head of Ferrari design "cleans up" some of the wonky design bits.

By Airkuhl
Open version announced today. IMO the lines flow better on this one and those "bicep" rear haunches make sense now.

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]