By TRAKCAR

Looks like Ceramic rotors, N/A it all should stay cool enough if they add a big enough diff and gearbox cooling.
By fpena944
TRAKCAR wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:00 pm

Ordered one, will see when it shows up..
Someone's trying to create GT3-killer!

I've seen the track version of these cars do pretty well at Rolex and Sebring. Looks like they're taking it to the next level here.
By worf
Sounds epic!

:popcorn:
By TRAKCAR
I think its worth a try, even the base was better then I expected but not quite Sebring hardened, maybe the Z06 will be.

Anyway its at least a year out but then so it the GT3 and RS unless you're a Youtuber, and as opposed to Porsche dealers (Called 4, offered $20K over, buy a Cayenne TT off the lot and will trade it in for RS, wont sell it), this Chevy dealer takes deposits and puts you on a time stamped first come first serve at MSRP.. First order once arrived will be to ship it Ring and Spa bound, screw ED by Porsche LOL.
By linderpat
Nice tease on that video :lol2: "To be reveled" - looks like it already has been revealed there :roflmao:
By yellowducman
That's the best looking C8 I've seen yet. I like the rear wing instead of the larger ones you see. Something about the air intakes look better also. The regular ones look weird to me.
By milrad
These cars just seem so compellingly awesome. And I want them to win.

But I always have this voice in the back of my head. It is from an old guy, in Porsche class with me at Barber. He tracked and raced Vette’s for 30 years, up through the C7. Whether a track day or a race, he just finally got so fed up with the unreliability of Vette’s on the track that he sold all his track cars and his collection and “never looked back.” His takeaway was, “ I love American cars, and I love The Corvette. But I got sick of getting towed back to the paddock and putting my cars back on the trailer while the Porsche guys kept running.”

I do hope the C8 breaks that chain.
jacke2c liked this
By JustBud
By JDS968
milrad wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:08 pm These cars just seem so compellingly awesome. And I want them to win.

But I always have this voice in the back of my head. It is from an old guy, in Porsche class with me at Barber. He tracked and raced Vette’s for 30 years, up through the C7. Whether a track day or a race, he just finally got so fed up with the unreliability of Vette’s on the track that he sold all his track cars and his collection and “never looked back.” His takeaway was, “ I love American cars, and I love The Corvette. But I got sick of getting towed back to the paddock and putting my cars back on the trailer while the Porsche guys kept running.”

I do hope the C8 breaks that chain.
I love my C5 Z06 a LOT. It is SO much fun to drive.

But I have broken it at Sebring so many times.

I never, ever broke the 968 at Sebring.
By Johnny Five
Yeah that’s a fucking winner. I’m critical of American cars but I tip my hat to Chevy for this motor. Normally aspirated high revving high output cross plane v8 yes please! Only thing that would impress me more is if it was efficient as GT3RS motor at 130HP/liter. Either way great job Chevy. The C7 blown mill was a track day nightmare - overheats and break downs. Not speaking from experience.

I bought my Mom a C7 Gransport a couple years ago - boo yah!
By Scott at Team Harco
New place holder for the end of this thread...

amdavid liked this
By linderpat
I've always been a fan of the C4. It is a perfect bookend to the 308/328 F car. I love those too. More about looks than performance though.
By fpena944
ranger22 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:31 pmAF!
My friend called me somewhat freaking out about this announcement.

I told him there's no way as that's GM's flagship!

Glad to see it still lives on...
By worf
Repost from the carbon fibre wheel thread:

Worf and Aprils Fools Jokes:

By NSXguy
Saw my 1st C8 Z06 in the wild at a recent Open Track Day.

It was an M-plate car and didn't go on track, but my did it sound good leaving :beerchug:
XR4Tim, fpena944 liked this
By fpena944
NSXguy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:06 am Saw my 1st C8 Z06 in the wild at a recent Open Track Day.

It was an M-plate car and didn't go on track, but my did it sound good leaving :beerchug:
European cars sound great but something about an American V8 turns my head each time!
NSXguy, TRAKCAR liked this
By JustBud
TRAKCAR wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:19 am Ordered one

Have you received your Z06 yet? I am really starting to get interested in one......
By TRAKCAR
GT4RS in garage GT3RS here in 3 months..
Z06 I send an email once a year and the reply is pretty much, “How dare you ask, I told you it’s many years”

OK, LOL.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]