Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By Johnny Five
I love the RS it’s such a sublime “all-arounder” as GT cars are designed to be but….

I need something rawer sitting next to it. I’ve been on the Caterham configurator with some bad ideas in my head. I believe Superformance can import a speccable 620R. Straight cut sequential gearbox box is going to be sex. RH drive only I can live with that.

Old meets new - Lotus Green with Porsche GT3 Acid Green. Yes please:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
Johnny Five wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:17 am I love the RS it’s such a sublime “all-arounder” as GT cars are designed to be but….

I need something rawer sitting next to it. I’ve been on the Caterham configurator with some bad ideas in my head. I believe Superformance can import a speccable 620R. Straight cut sequential gearbox box is going to be sex. RH drive only I can live with that.

Old meets new - Lotus Green with Porsche GT3 Acid Green. Yes please:
That's as close as you can get to a motorcycle with the safety features of a car.

If that's too raw have you thought about a Lotus? A friend of mine is a huge fan of them and has had several.
By Johnny Five
I was shopping for the latest Exige - the really fast one - before I bought the RS. I called the nearest dealer and was disappointed to learn Lotus doesn’t sell new Exiges in the US.

I wonder if they can be feasibly imported like the Caterham? I doubt it given Lotus production volume. I’m wondering if new Caterhams are being imported to the US under “show and display exception” due to low volume…

Either way I can get one here.

620R is a lot of car - intimidating even. The power to weight ratio and lack of nannies require serious respect.
By jcnesq
Johnny Five wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 am I was shopping for the latest Exige - the really fast one - before I bought the RS. I called the nearest dealer and was disappointed to learn Lotus doesn’t sell new Exiges in the US.

I wonder if they can be feasibly imported like the Caterham? I doubt it given Lotus production volume. I’m wondering if new Caterhams are being imported to the US under “show and display exception” due to low volume…

620R is a lot of car - intimidating even. The power to weight ratio and lack of nannies require serious respect.
If you are really serious, a client of mine is co-owner of the Lotus dealer in Seoul. I am pretty sure dealer agreements with Lotus would prohibit selling outside your franchised territory, but again, if you are serious, I could ask.
By Johnny Five
I want the Caterham now - GT3RS was an “instead of” purchase on the lotus. Thank you for the offer.
jcnesq wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:31 pm
Johnny Five wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 am I was shopping for the latest Exige - the really fast one - before I bought the RS. I called the nearest dealer and was disappointed to learn Lotus doesn’t sell new Exiges in the US.

If you are really serious, a client of mine is co-owner of the Lotus dealer in Seoul. I am pretty sure dealer agreements with Lotus would prohibit selling outside your franchised territory, but again, if you are serious, I could ask.
Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]