Boats, Planes, Motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and all other fun non-automotive vehicles
By sundog
In June we purchased a Winnebago Class A RV. It is a 30 foot, model Vista 29V.

Our first camper. I grew up backpacking in the Colorado and Wyoming mountains. The wife and kid are not interested in that type of effort. So I caved.

So far it has been fun. Anybody else do this?

And I can use it to tow the 964 to the track!

By Mark Dreyer
 ! Message from: Mark Dreyer
Yes Diane and I started out with a class C for hanging out in between track run sessions, and over a few years it’s been a slippery slope sort of thing similar to the track hobby. Interestingly enough, we saw the Marathon coach banner spanning the track at turn 2 during the Sebring 12 hour race last year. We went to their show coach, and met the sales rep. A few months later he found us an older coach in our price range. We now have a 45 foot Marathon Prevost, and like you, use it to tow the Porsche to the track. We just bought a lot in Mountain Falls RV resort in Western NC. We had rented a lot there for a month during the initial Covid lockdown. We fell in love with the area (The general area known as America’s Switzerland), so we bought a lot. Anyhow, we are enjoying the hobby quite a bit and upon retirement in maybe 5 years, plan to tour the country. BTW here is a link to the RV resort in NC. If you find yourself wanting to vacation in that part of the country, you’d enjoy the resort and the hiking, waterfall viewing options in the area. https://www.mtn-falls.com/
sundog liked this
By fpena944
One of my former co-workers became an empty nester and in the process of selling her home decided to move into an RV and travel until they're called back into the office again.

I've thought about it myself before as we're not tied to anywhere since my work is virtual and so is school for the kids. But the wife likes having a stable home :D

I do warn her though, once we hit retirement our home will only be where we reside for pitstops!
sundog liked this
By Johnny Five
Awesome ride, congratulations! When I was a kid my grandparents got big into RVing - they had a Blue Bird - cream on brown with chrome trim - very 70s looking - very cool.

We took trips everywhere in that thing. We’d go to Galveston and park it on the beach and camp for several nights. The highlight was a two week road trip to Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, (EDIT) Carlsbad Caverns then rented a houseboat on Lake Meade for several nights. Awesome memories!

I’ve been wanting to get a toy hauler/sleeper for track days. Those big rigs are a lot of upkeep for my scatterbrain.

I hope it brings you and your family many years of great memories!
sundog wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:05 pm In June we purchased a Winnebago Class A RV. It is a 30 foot, model Vista 29V.

Our first camper. I grew up backpacking in the Colorado and Wyoming mountains. The wife and kid are not interested in that type of effort. So I caved.

So far it has been fun. Anybody else do this?

And I can use it to tow the 964 to the track!

sundog liked this
By E55AMG
I'd last about a day and a half in an RV lol. Funny story, but my wife is a super successful commercial real estate developer/builder. She's addicted to this show called Going RV. it's mostly about people going RV full time. She has become an expert on RV's. knows what's good/bad, 5th wheel, Class A, what options you want, etc. etc.

She jokes she wants to get rid of her business and become an RV salesperson LOL. it's like that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm when Larry wants to sell cars.
sundog liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]