8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Sazerac
Hi All

As a general refresh and in getting ready for the coming Winter sleep, I did multi-rounds of Lexol conditioning on my 91's seats these last days. The vinyl on the sides (hatch area and door cards) otherwise also looked kind of tired. So, remembering that my build code indicated full leather interior, I experimented with a pass on the vinyl as well and was really amazed how good it looked afterwards. It soaked in and is apparently really leather. I wish I had taken a before-and-after picture, because it looks like new now.

How are people applying Lexol? Is there something better? My feeling is you have to do multiple light passes, not too much at a time, to gradually re-soften up the leather. Like how the leather dried over many years, re-moisturizing seems to take a long time. My leather certainly doesn't need re-dying or anything, I'm doing this to soften it up only. The leather is still rather loose and hasn't shrunk tight to fit as can happen.

I'll post some pics in a day or so, but I didn't take any before-and-afters so it won't be very instructive.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
I've been using Connolly Hide Care (used to be called Hide Food) for decades. They also have a cleaner. If it's good enough for Rolls Royce...

By milrad
Don’t think you can beat the Hide Food, but Lexol is pretty damn good. It’s what I use most often.
By Charlie
I continue to believe there is no magic potion for car leather, and that minimal regular care will result in long life and beauty. Lexol works very well and is well known and as a liquid is easy to work with. I also like Fiebings 4in1. Hide Food is probably terrific also but is going to be more work than a liquid. But keeping it out of the sun is more important than conditioning.

@sazerac your post made me go check - my car is apparently (almost) full leather also. The rear quarters, A pillars, and part of the door cards are some kind of cheapo leather. The rear quarters in particular are a huge expanse of exposed hide. My interior is not quite up to Sazerac standards and will be more forgiving, but I will have to get back there with the magic potion soon.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]