8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By milrad
I'm cleaning up the rear compartment of my 89GT. In removing the the mounts for a CD changer, I found sticky, disintegrated foam underneath the rear deck compartment. Is there a good replacement for this stuff, either OEM, reproduction or something new/better? Without peeling everything up, it looks like there are pieces on each outboard side.

I assume this stuff is just for sound deadening, but please correct me if I am wrong.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
When I carpeted mine with a Classic 9 carpet set, I also ordered the foam underlayment.
By linderpat
that's just the backing from the carpet, that stuck itself to the floor over time. Scrape it out with a plastic scraper, and get the foam piece from Classic 928, or make your own. Put carpet over top of that.
By bizman928
We are now re-manufacturing the rear Luggage area insulation foam pads that go under the carpet. you can find more information on our online shop here. Rear Luggage Insulation pad set
We also sell the foam pad underneath the rear spare wheel
https://woodypeck.com/product/porsche-9 ... tion-foam/

Last edited by bizman928 on Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel5691 liked this
By JMW928
I recently installed a DynaPad for sound deadening but haven't had the car out yet to tell if there was any noticeable difference. It comes in a big sheet that I had to trim to fit. It's heavier than it looks, reminded me of the apron they place over you at the dentist when taking X-rays. I also placed acoustical foam in the spare tire well while I was in there.

By Charlie
Those Woodypeck pads look pretty good and are reasonably priced. I used Marshalls $20 yoga mats in closed cell urethane. Neither one is going to match the thick custom molded pads in the later cars but they'll do the trick for sound deadening. Someone should make these from a mold of the originals, and maybe even infuse them with the distinctive 928 "old car smell".
By worf
Charlie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:20 pm Someone should make these from a mold of the originals, and maybe even infuse them with the distinctive 928 "old car smell".
Except for the smell part, I suspect that there is a small but well-heeled market something like that.
Last edited by worf on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bizman928
Charlie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:20 pm Those Woodypeck pads look pretty good and are reasonably priced. I used Marshalls $20 yoga mats in closed cell urethane. Neither one is going to match the thick custom moulded pads in the later cars but they'll do the trick for sound deadening. Someone should make these from a mold of the originals, and maybe even infuse them with the distinctive 928 "old car smell".
Thanks Charlie.
Our rear Luggage / Cargo Insulation pad set are actually the same thickness and density as the original in the later cars. Except, these are made of the latest type of closed cell foam which wasn't around when our 928's were in production. So they are a nice upgrade to 2022 based material technology.

Wonder if I can infuse some "New Car Leather" scent into them? :drink:
The foam has a scrim Faux leather coating on it so maybe that will help with the "New Look" smell? :rockon:

928 Rear Luggage Insulation Pad Set
By Charlie
@bizman928 Good to know! Did you make the shaped mold like the later cars have? If so I may consider upgrading my crappy solution. Might still anyway once I get a few things out of the way.

Some of us are conspiring to do some moldmaking and casting and that foam might be on the list.
By bizman928
HI Charlie.
We did not make the shaped mold like the later cars. We use a closed cell foam product
By bizman928
Here's another happy customer from USA, sharing his Foam insulation pad installation from Woodypeck Plus the spare wheel cover plate insulation pad as well.
Ineos Grenadier

Anyone have any experience with the Ineos Grenad[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]