8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By linderpat
It was time. I'm a driver and not a collector. Blumaxx became a collectable, and I hardly drove it. With 2 other Porsches, something had to give, and the drivers won out. Blumaxx is going to a good home - it will become a significant part of a significant collection. I also have "visiting" rights :evilgrin: I'll let the new owner chime in when ready, so I'm not saying here. I was a fortunate guy to have enjoyed this car for over 11 years. (how ironic this is my post 928 here!)

Anyway, here she went:
SeanR, Don Smith, Gary Knox liked this
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 pm It was time. I'm a driver and not a collector. Blumaxx became a collectable, and I hardly drove it. With 2 other Porsches, something had to give, and the drivers won out. Blumaxx is going to a good home - it will become a significant part of a significant collection. I also have "visiting" rights :evilgrin: I'll let the new owner chime in when ready, so I'm not saying here. I was a fortunate guy to have enjoyed this car for over 11 years. (how ironic this is my post 928 here!)

Anyway, here she went:
Wow that color is something else!

Glad it's going to a new home and you still have rights to visit.
linderpat liked this
By The Fat Man
Dammit...
Though, I understand your perspective. And it is right.
However...this is all your fault. If I hadn't read the article about you and Blumaxx in Hemmings Sport and Exotic, I likely would not have chased my dream for a Porsche 928.
linderpat liked this
By Bertrand Daoust
That's quite a surprise (and a shock!) for me to see it go.
Ed was Blumaxx and Blumaxx was Ed!
But the time to let her go as come I guess...

You are right when you say that it is a collectable car.
So nice and in so great condition that it deserves to be pampered more than driven regularly.

Thanks for sharring her story during all these years with all of us.

Can't wait to see your red one!
Last edited by Bertrand Daoust on Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By linderpat
You'll like the red one Bertrand. It is a good driver. Seth, I didn't know! That's a cool story. I know Blumaxx inspired a number of enthusiasts, just like the fabled Kermit inspired me and led to seek out Blumaxx. These cars are so awesome, especially the way they bring us together and create great stories. Fernando, you'll have to join us sometime for a shark event. :rockon:
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:34 am You'll like the red one Bertrand. It is a good driver. Seth, I didn't know! That's a cool story. I know Blumaxx inspired a number of enthusiasts, just like the fabled Kermit inspired me and led to seek out Blumaxx. These cars are so awesome, especially the way they bring us together and create great stories. Fernando, you'll have to join us sometime for a shark event. :rockon:
Funny you mention Kermit because I saw it when Chuck owned it and showed it in Charlotte.

Stuck my head in the interior and it smelled like new. What a car that was, anyone know where it is now?

As for events, sure thing! I made it to Amelia Island although didn't get to spend a tremendous amount of time with the 928ers but really enjoy the get togethers.
By Gary Knox
Ed,

I gave your original post a 'like', not because BluMaxx is going to live someplace else, but because you made a very hard decision, I'm sure. Hope Anne was in agreement!!! - ha. Anyway, I hope the new owner will bring BluMaxx out occasionally, so we can all flirt with and adore her.

Best wishes in your bereavement,

Gary
Last edited by Gary Knox on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linderpat liked this
By JBRob007
Ed, Sad to hear it go but happy to know who the next caretaker is... I met the new owner recently and he was smiling ear to ear - She’s in good hands! I concur about the driver vs show vs collectible. I have that struggle every day when I contemplate driving Betsy (my Euro). But then I smack myself in the head and get in and drive... Because that’s what the previous owner wanted, for the car to be driven, and I have to respect her wishes 👍. Plus it’s fun as all get out 😎. See you in Frenzy!!!
By amdavid
Wow, impressive, what a color. The ebbs and flows of special cars in our lives...we just have to let go sometimes since we can't take them with.
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
Gary Knox wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:01 am Ed,

I gave your original post a 'like', not because BluMaxx is going to live someplace else, but because you made a very hard decision, I'm sure. Hope Anne was in agreement!!! - ha. Anyway, I hope the new owner will bring BluMaxx out occasionally, so we can all flirt with and adore her.

Best wishes in your bereavement,

Gary
I know I really miss Blumaxx at the next good car show where there are special cars. However, Blumaxx is a color - I still have the most beautiful car ever designed (IMHO), but now in red! Ann is good with it, as she enjoys the red car too.
Bertrand Daoust wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:43 am Can't wait to see who is the lucky new owner... :confused:
You know him Bertrand. Think largest collection of early 928's in the world (even google that) and that'll tell you who. Not for me to say publically right now on a forum.
By hlee96
I can relate to your dilemma with Bluemaxx wholeheartedly Ed. I sold both my 16k '85 "Dwayne's Car" and 20k '89 S4 for similar reasons. As much as how much we want to find those gems/treasures with low mileage, collector's museum pieces, we just cannot stand letting such a beautiful car sit or risk its condition everytime we drive it!

Again, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful virtually over the web over the years! Bluemaxx will always remembered as "Ed's Car" to me!
By amdavid
Onward. No one can take the memories and those special moments with the car....it seems there are a lot of pictures if you need to visually reminisce.

I only regret selling 1 or 2, but what I regret most is not getting more pictures of my past beauties.

...and may I suggest the 928 picture thread for posting those “In need of visual memories” moments. :evilgrin:
By checkmate1996
Atleast I got to see it a frenzy I think five years ago… cool car and sounded great!
linderpat liked this
By JBRob007
Funny…. We got to see Blu Max blow past us at 120 mph on I-79 North heading home from Frenzy! Ed leaned over the center console with a huge grin, a big thumbs up, and he boogied on by like he was late for a date! It’s not like we were going SLOW either! What a phenomenal 928 and a helluva nice owner as well! 😎
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
Oh yeah Joel - Blumaxx is a fast car, and sounds like no other. Alex needs to get it out of the trailer and drive it some!
By WyattsRide
Just thought I would add a little something to the BluMaxx thread. Very special car!

"...but I'll never not have this one" - Ed Rice :kickbutt:

By The Fat Man
Rick, this is why all of this is Ed's fault...

That VERY article in Hemmings S&E is what sent me down the road of insanity into the world of the Porsche 928.
WyattsRide liked this
By linderpat
The Fat Man wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:13 pm Rick, this is why all of this is Ed's fault...

That VERY article in Hemmings S&E is what sent me down the road of insanity into the world of the Porsche 928.
Blumaxx was an inspiration for many of us. For me, it was Kermit. That was my hunt when I found Blumaxx. I really hope Alex brings it out now and then.
By WyattsRide
linderpat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:11 pm Damn Rick, that quote!
I knew you would like that!!! :roflmao: :lol2:
By linderpat
Bertrand - we need to smuggle you in somehow for Frenzy, and we need to do something "special" for Rick :hiding: :silenced:
By JBRob007
Hear Hear!!! AND… Hear hear!!!

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]