By fpena944
Changed the oil on the Cayman this past weekend and went to reset the indicator but unfortunately my Durametric is telling me the task is complete yet the service reminder pops up each time I turn on my car.

I reached out to Durametric and they're working on troubleshooting it with me but we still haven't found a solution yet.

Anyone else encounter this? I've used this thing successfully on my 996 and Cayenne without issues. But this is my first time using it on the 981. It is supported as it's one of the selections on the program but I'm not having any luck getting it to do this one task.
By SeanR
Only issue I've had with it was while working on the convertible top on a 996 C4. This reminds me I need to update mine as it's about 10 years out of date.
By N_Jay
fpena944 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 am Changed the oil on the Cayman this past weekend and went to reset the indicator but unfortunately my Durametric is telling me the task is complete yet the service reminder pops up each time I turn on my car.

I reached out to Durametric and they're working on troubleshooting it with me but we still haven't found a solution yet.

Anyone else encounter this? I've used this thing successfully on my 996 and Cayenne without issues. But this is my first time using it on the 981. It is supported as it's one of the selections on the program but I'm not having any luck getting it to do this one task.
Well, now I know who is helping me change the oil on the 987. ;)
By fpena944
SeanR wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:24 am Only issue I've had with it was while working on the convertible top on a 996 C4. This reminds me I need to update mine as it's about 10 years out of date.
I was far behind versions too and was hoping the update would fix the issue but no dice.
N_Jay wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:56 pm
Well, now I know who is helping me change the oil on the 987. ;)
Well it ain't working yet!

Durametric has basically said that the log showed no issues so they have no idea what else to troubleshoot.

Heading to dad's tomorrow to see if his machine will clear it. If it does then Durametric needs to fix their system because they can't blame the car in this case.
By fpena944
Well the story gets worse now...

We tried my dad's Snap-On diagnostic system and it also couldn't clear the codes.

Seems I have a hard-headed Cayman so I'm just going to let it be and when the time comes for the next oil change then off to Hendrick Porsche it goes.
By N_Jay
Was thinking about all the odd computer problems I have had with my Touareg, and wonder if you should disconnect the battery, let the car go completely dead, and then reconnect a fully charged battery and see if a "reboot" fixes it.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:34 pm Was thinking about all the odd computer problems I have had with my Touareg, and wonder if you should disconnect the battery, let the car go completely dead, and then reconnect a fully charged battery and see if a "reboot" fixes it.
That's a good idea although I think the codes are likely stored on an internal battery like the odometer. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.
By N_Jay
The codes are usually stored in NV memory.
Very rare to use a battery.
The issue is the code is only one piece of data.
Hopefully when the system dies a full reboot, it runs some sanity checks and may correct minor data errors.
Also, the error not allowing the case to be reset, may be something unrelated, like a reguster or pointer error that gets refreshed after a full cold boot.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:47 pm Assuming this got resolved?
I've just been living with it as my plan is to take the car to the dealer for the next oil change.

I'm approaching 5k miles here soon so probably within the next month I'll see if I can get it reset.
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]