General discussions related to cars and driving
By fpena944
Been reading reviews and hearing some decent things about this oil. So should it be trusted and even, dare I say, used on our P-cars?

The price is substantially less than Mobil 1 even if buy it from Wal-Mart.

Here's what I'm talking about:

https://amzn.to/3EftYu9
By Scott at Team Harco
I have used it a few times in my Audi. Seems fine. The only reason I decided to try it, was the fact that the specs ranked high on the 'oil guy's chart'. He tests most oils and rates them.
By worf
ZDDP PPM for the flat lifters on the 928/924/944/928?
By eflight
I'd be worried that it was great oil for the first 3 months when all the testers and reviewers would get it and write about it, then it would transition to crappy oil by the lowest bidder after that.
Gregs04.5 liked this
By fpena944
I found Mobil 1 listed on the WalMart website for only a few bucks more than Amazon's oil.

So I take a deep breath and enter the hell we all know as Wally-World and when I get there I discover their website is inaccurate and none of the 0w-40 they said was in stock is on the shelves.

I'll try to order it off the website but I know last time that happen I got an email a few days later that the item actually was not in stock so my order was cancelled.

Fun times!
By ltusler
Are you willing to risk a 30k motor to save a few bucks on a oil change?
By fpena944
ltusler wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:03 pm Are you willing to risk a 30k motor to save a few bucks on a oil change?
I decided against it. Changed the oil on the Cayenne just a couple of hours ago and had to go to three different places to get enough Mobil 1 for this car and the Cayman which is also due for a change.

So nope, not risking it this time since we'll be putting about 2500 miles on the CTT in the next week with our travels.
By JDS968
I used to run the 968 on Mobil 1 Racing 0W-50 (it had no catalyst). I run the Z06 on Redline 5W-50 and Mrs. Florida's 392 HEMI (Apache) Charger Scat Pack on Redline 0W-40. The 248,000 mile UZJ100 gets 5W-30 Castrol Edge and Mobil 1 (many different variations of M1 available these days) depending on what's in stock and on sale/cheapest. Considering the tiny difference in lubricant cost per mile driven, I think sticking to known high performance formulations offers a lot of safety per dollar.

The one thing I would really like to be able to use is 0W-30 Mobil 1 for the truck. Nothing wrong with the 5W-30, but they do make 0W-30 and that would give me better protection and fuel economy during cold starts and running. Mobil makes it, I just can never seem to find it on store shelves.
Bring A Trailer finds

That manual Cayenne went for $22K :burnout:

The 928 Photo Thread

Task completed - nice new light bulbs in the instr[…]

This is not a surprise. At all. I heard a whi[…]

http://msreg.com/Redezvouz928-SDC2023 Prelimin[…]